Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > To reinstall or not to reinstall - that is the question.

To reinstall or not to reinstall - that is the question.

nobody760

I can't get system restore to work - whatever day I choose. Will not
restore. Will not cancel.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...microsoft.com:
80/support/kb/articles/q302/7/96.asp&NoWebContent=1

If you follow that article through it eventually leads you to a message that
says System Restore is dependent on - guess what - yup - you have guessed
right - RCP!

I loaded and ran Stinger a while back also loaded patch.

I am beginning to come to the inescapable conclusion that the best thing is
to start all over again. What do you think?

tim

reinstall...

make sure you have seperate partitions for OS, data, and ideally swap and
temp.
when you have everything nice and perfect then ghost the damn thing to avoid
the pain of having to reinstall again...

news:bjsjct$qs3$(E-Mail Removed)...