Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > clevo laptops

clevo laptops

v3

Anyone know if Clevo brand laptops are any good just saw accent are selling
them and the prices seem good but dont know what they perform like and
reliabilty etc...

-=rjh=-

v3 wrote:

> Anyone know if Clevo brand laptops are any good just saw accent are
> selling them and the prices seem good but dont know what they perform like
> and reliabilty etc...

See earlier comments about Starnote D470W in this group - AFAIK they are
made by clevo.

Clevo usually make the bare system, which are subsequently fitted with
processors, ram, drives, etc and sold under other names. they have just
recently started selling their systems under their own name. I think
AlienWare gaming desknotes are clevo, as are Starnote and others - do a
search on the model name and you'll pick up other names and reviews.

Dunno if they are any good though

Robert

I would place more importance on the length of warranty and servicing.
Do they service at your place, do you have to send it to them or worse still
do they have to return it to Taiwan for repair. Do they hold parts in stock
in the country or do they order parts in from overseas when something fails?
I have used Toshiba, HP and Dell laptops over recent years and had the
longest wait for my HP parts.
Dell do offer as an extra 'total cover' that will even cover a dropped
laptop or a coffee spill.

"v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bjrj4t$vm8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know if Clevo brand laptops are any good just saw accent are

selling
> them and the prices seem good but dont know what they perform like and
> reliabilty etc...

Clevo 802.11b and AP1200 Martyn Reid Cisco 1 01-24-2005 07:21 PM
Laptops,laptops Mark Computer Support 1 09-20-2004 05:10 AM
Clevo laptop Paul Cross Computer Information 7 08-11-2004 06:24 PM
Re: Clevo Model 665 Notebook Roy Computer Information 1 08-08-2003 09:31 PM
Re: Clevo Model 665 Notebook John \O\ Computer Information 2 08-08-2003 10:32 AM

Advertisments