Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Routing incoming port 80 requests thru an ADSL router

Re: Routing incoming port 80 requests thru an ADSL router

Alan

Just to close the loop on this one I used the telnet interface to move the
HTTP server in the router to port 8080 and mapped the public port 80 through
to 192.168.0.21:8080 on the LAN. This gets the router's configuration
interface out of the way of incoming HTTP requests. Although at that point I
was still getting errors trying to connect from the LAN to my internally
hosted site using the public sub-domain name (i.e. as if I was joe-public
floating around the Internet) it worked fine from an external site so I
guess this was some sort of loopback-related problem.

The other thing I noticed is that running NAT on the router hasn't affected
the host headers in the request. Using this scheme I should now be able to
set up one sub-domain for each site I need to give external clients access
to (thanks to the very flexible iServe console), and my ADSL router will
point all of these incoming requests to my web server. Each site of the web
server will be set up at 192.168.0.21:8080 with the host header entry
providing the discrimination needed to serve correct site.

Hope others in the future find this useful.

Alan

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hw67b.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've set up a sub-domain to point to a server on my network that's hosting

> few web sites. DNS is working, but the router is putting up it's own
> web-based configuration site instead of routing the incoming port 80
> requests straight through.
>
> When I define a TCP mapping I can specify the public port and the private

IP

adsl router to adsl router czar Cisco 2 05-01-2007 05:42 AM
Adsl Router > Dual Wan Load Balancing Router > 24 port Switch Hub nazeth Hardware 0 03-28-2007 08:36 AM
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'incoming.yahoo.verzon.net', Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Michael Bower Computer Support 3 10-01-2006 03:44 PM
Re: Routing incoming port 80 requests thru an ADSL router John Burns NZ Computing 1 09-09-2003 02:27 AM

Advertisments