Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Certification path suggestion

Certification path suggestion

Vittorio Pavesi

Hello,
I got MCDBA and MCSA, my primary knowledge is System and DB
Administration, I would like to get new certifications and I'm wondering
what's the best path...
As far as I understood being MCDBA if I'll pass the 70-447 exam I get
MCITP Database Administrator, is it correct ?
What do you suggest for my certification path ?
Thanks

Vittorio Pavesi
------------------------
http://www.vittorio.tk

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keVA=?=

You will need to complete two exams to update. One is a requirement, and the
other is an upgrade exam in place of the 2 actual exams for non MCDBAs.

So in summary, here is your path:

a) MCTS: SQL Server 2005 (1 Required Exam)

Exam 70–431: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance

b) 1 Upgrade Exam

Exam 70–447: UPGRADE: MCDBA Skills to MCITP Database Administrator by Using
Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Here is a chopped up description from Microsoft, in their words but I have
summarized it:

MCITP candidates must first complete the requirements for the MCTS: SQL
Server 2005 certification (one exam). If you are a Microsoft Certified
Database Administrator (MCDBA), you may upgrade to the MCITP: Database
Administrator certification by taking one upgrade exam in place of the two
required exams. MCDBAs must still obtain the MCTS: SQL Server 2005
certification as a prerequisite.

--
AndyP,
Sr. Database Administrator,