Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Well done NZ

Well done NZ

nobody760

Many thanks to this News Group - under various names I have received nothing
but curtesy, helpfulness and knowledgable advice. I live in the UK. Of
course this is the WWW and you NZ'ers speak English.

I have also posted stuff on alt.os.windows-xp, it appears that most posters
are American. The sarcasm and abuse is disgraceful. It reflects very badly
on Americans - most of whom that I have met personally are very polite
people.

Everybody has to start somewhere and you don't need nasty remarks pointing
out your novice status.

Once again thanks.

One day Wales is going to beat you at rugby, but as I am 59 now I am not too
optimistic of being there!

E. Scrooge

"nobody760" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjjua3$1gd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many thanks to this News Group - under various names I have received

nothing
> but curtesy, helpfulness and knowledgable advice. I live in the UK. Of
> course this is the WWW and you NZ'ers speak English.
>
> I have also posted stuff on alt.os.windows-xp, it appears that most

posters
> are American. The sarcasm and abuse is disgraceful. It reflects very badly
> on Americans - most of whom that I have met personally are very polite
> people.
>
> Everybody has to start somewhere and you don't need nasty remarks pointing
> out your novice status.
>
> Once again thanks.
>
> One day Wales is going to beat you at rugby, but as I am 59 now I am not

too
> optimistic of being there!

Good on you, sport.
There's no point being too serious in the newsgroups.

E. Scrooge

Gordon

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:13:04 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

> There's no point being too serious in the newsgroups.

True, nobody else is.

--
Gordon

Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
Works for me, will work for you, so be it.

AD.

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:09:06 +0100, nobody760 wrote:

> I have also posted stuff on alt.os.windows-xp, it appears that most posters
> are American. The sarcasm and abuse is disgraceful. It reflects very badly
> on Americans - most of whom that I have met personally are very polite
> people.

To be fair that was an alt group - flames and trolling are using the
point in those groups. The comp.sys groups are usually much better behaved
with more technical expertise.

Cheers
Anton