Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Link text

Link text

UKuser

I have a browsable directory (by letter) so the links read <a
text should make sense when read out of context for accessibility.

What should I do here? It is not possible to do >Companies beginning
with A</a> as its impractical. Any ideas?

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit UKuser:

> I have a browsable directory (by letter) so the links read <a
> text should make sense when read out of context for accessibility.

Well, do they? Don't they? In a list of all links on a page, they
probably make better sense than any alternative.

> What should I do here?

Use letter links, preceded by some text that tells that here you have an
alphabetic directory of ...

Just make sure the links are not adjacent. Old recommendations say that
there should be something non-blank between them, but this is often
impractical and not relevant here; so a space is sufficient.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/