Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft: Asia not playing fair over OS

Microsoft: Asia not playing fair over OS

T.N.O.

"Gavin Tunney" wrote
> It's all academic now anyway, MSN got their free advertising while
> every other ISP had to pay for theirs. They just didn't get any free
> advertising via me, I always deleted it.......which of course was MY
> prerogative

So you took the choice from your customers as to whether or not they wanted
that Icon on their desktop... yay the freedom fighters!

Lennier

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:01:46 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:

>> > Did you know that MS is being sued for anti-competitive practices for

>> ? not promoting Linux with their Windows XP product?

>> Didn't know that... but am pleased to hear it!

> why?

Would be pleased to see the complete demise of Micro$oft in my lifetime!

Lennier

Lennier

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:36:59 +1200, Anthony Neville wrote:

> and I would NEVER propose violating anyone's private
> property rights no matter what the size of their business.

Micro$oft is not a "private person" nor is it a "private company" - it is
a publicly listed company.

If that company behaves badly, then it deserves exactly what people and
governments throw at it.

Long may it moulder, abandoned by all in favour of better, and open
source, software.

The future is Open!

Lennier

Lennier

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:06:46 +1200, Anthony Neville wrote:

> our hatred
> of Microsoft is so intense, you'd back any louse of a company which having
> failed to gain market share in the free market uses the government to
> grab some of it from Microsoft.

That is incorrect!

Lennier

Lennier

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:06:46 +1200, Anthony Neville wrote:

> With regards to your idea of cooperation and openness, well, from a
> fanatical Linux bot and open-source advocate it could mean that companies
> which make it clear they prefer closed-source as opposed to open-source
> are the unclean, the enemy, or have "gone bad".

That is rubbish!

Lennier

Lennier

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:06:46 +1200, Anthony Neville wrote:

> It is possible that if the
> open-source concept ever becomes mainstream, we would begin seeing people
> crawling out of the woodwork demanding that governments legislate against
> the remaining companies wanting to keep their source code private
> property.

The above situation seems unreasonable to me.

However, I agree - all software should be open source.

Lennier

T.N.O.

"Lennier" wrote
> Would be pleased to see the complete demise of Micro$oft in my lifetime!

Your a dick...