Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windows update not working?

windows update not working?

Craig Sutton

Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
Page loads but complains

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
page

Worked fine the last time i updated

Howard

Craig Sutton wrote:
> Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
> Page loads but complains
>
> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
> requested page
>
> Worked fine the last time i updated

You havn't blocked ad sites in your hosts file have you?

Windows update is hosted on an akamai distributed caching server
a248.e.akamai.net - check to see if that line appears in your hosts file...

Olson Johnson

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:39:11 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

> Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
> Page loads but complains
>
> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
> page
>
> Worked fine the last time i updated

Keep trying
Its done that to me before and then resolved itself (with 98SE)

Enkidu

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:02:43 +1200, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Craig Sutton wrote:
>> Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
>> Page loads but complains
>>
>> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
>> requested page
>>
>> Worked fine the last time i updated

>You havn't blocked ad sites in your hosts file have you?
>
>Windows update is hosted on an akamai distributed caching server
>a248.e.akamai.net - check to see if that line appears in your hosts file...

It might be a different one next time!

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.