Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows. not enough memory Prob

Windows. not enough memory Prob

Col^

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:48:58 +1200, "Skippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey guys
>Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
>gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
>Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
>So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
>express taht does this
>
>Any Ideas ??

You still got the box the computer arrived in ?

--

Col

Col's law.
Thinly sliced cabbage..

StuM

"Skippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qda5b.803$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey guys
> Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
> Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
> So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> express taht does this
>
> Any Ideas ??

Increase your swapfile size?

StuM.

T-Boy

In article <qda5b.803$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hey guys
> Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
> Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
> So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> express taht does this
>
> Any Ideas ??

Blaster worm.

--
Duncan

StuM

> > > So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> > > express taht does this
> > >
> > > Any Ideas ??

> > Increase your swapfile size?
> >
> > StuM.
> >

> I cant find the Swap file thing anywhere

What OS you using?

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:16:18 +1200, StuM wrote:

> Increase your swapfile size?

This isn't as silly as it sounds. When the swapfile is set past 1Gb, the
machine will _dramatically_ reducing its paging to disk.

With no swapfile set, any tempfiles are being created/destroyed in
c:\win(nt|dows)\temp, and that's why win9* boxes always need
defragmenting. On NT it just impairs performance.

--
There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
2: Fraud

T.N.O.

"Enkidu" wrote
> >Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> >gives me an Not enough memory error message.
> >Any Ideas ??
> >

> Your machine is under specced. You should have at least a 2gig, at
> least 3/4 GB RAM but your disk is probably just big enough.

eh!?

Stewart Gray

Like t-boy says, this is one of problems you can have when you have the
blaster worm.

"T-Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <qda5b.803$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hey guys
> > Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> > gives me an Not enough memory error message.
> >
> > Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
> >
> > So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> > express taht does this
> >
> > Any Ideas ??

> Blaster worm.
>
> --
> Duncan

Skippy

Hey guys
Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
gives me an Not enough memory error message.

Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd

So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
express taht does this

Any Ideas ??

Skippy

"StuM" <stum@_remove_this_dr.com> wrote in message
news:Voa5b.135645$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Skippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qda5b.803$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey guys
> > Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> > gives me an Not enough memory error message.
> >
> > Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
> >
> > So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> > express taht does this
> >
> > Any Ideas ??

> Increase your swapfile size?
>
> StuM.

I cant find the Swap file thing anywhere

Dogg

What OS are you using?