Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Reading emails with HTML content..Help needed

Re: Reading emails with HTML content..Help needed

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
>with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
>
>I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
>would be appreciated.

Consider yourself lucky ?

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
>> >with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
>> >I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
>> >would be appreciated.

>> Consider yourself lucky ?

>Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! )
>
>But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
>would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

..a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ... surely you
only want the information ?

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !

Ron

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
> >with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
> >
> >I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
> >would be appreciated.

> Consider yourself lucky ?
>
> Bruce

Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! )

But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

Ron

Chris Mayhew

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote in
news:Qha5b.806$(E-Mail Removed):

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>> Consider yourself lucky ?

>>Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! )
>>
>>But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
>>would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

> .a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ...
> surely you only want the information ?

I did that once after a news letter I signed up to changed from text to
HTML, though I asked for the Text version back - instead I now get a very
stort newsletter (in HTML) with a (broken) link that (i assume) points to
the newsletter online.

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

Bruce Sinclair

In article <TER5b.1671$(E-Mail Removed)>, Chris Mayhew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed) (Bruce Sinclair) wrote in
>news:Qha5b.806$(E-Mail Removed):
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! )
>>>But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
>>>would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

>> .a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ...
>> surely you only want the information ?
>>

>I did that once after a news letter I signed up to changed from text to
>HTML, though I asked for the Text version back - instead I now get a very
>stort newsletter (in HTML) with a (broken) link that (i assume) points to
>the newsletter online.

Tell them it's broken. Tell them often. Ask them to fix it or remove you from
the list. Either way, you win

READING EMAILS Savas Ates ASP .Net 13 01-31-2006 02:59 AM
Scanning my emails for harmfull emails etc lee.ingram Computer Support 4 01-12-2006 01:21 AM
How to stop Sir name showing on emails from hotmail emails Drifter Computer Information 3 07-07-2004 07:15 AM
Re: Reading emails with HTML content..Help needed Howard NZ Computing 6 09-03-2003 02:56 AM

Advertisments