Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Petition for Better Broadband in NZ

Petition for Better Broadband in NZ

mdew

http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html

--
"Prayer has no place in Public School, just like facts have no place in
organized religion." --The Simpsons

Stewart Gray

Ive signed the petition but you wonder how much telecom would care seeing
this, im pretty sure Telecom are already well aware of what we all think of
their pricing.

"mdew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html
>

> --
> "Prayer has no place in Public School, just like facts have no place in
> organized religion." --The Simpsons

tim

Take it to the streets...
Get it on the media spotlight.
Then Telecom might care

"Stewart Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s0Z4b.682$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ive signed the petition but you wonder how much telecom would care seeing
> this, im pretty sure Telecom are already well aware of what we all think

of
> their pricing.
>
> "mdew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html
> >

> > --
> > "Prayer has no place in Public School, just like facts have no place in
> > organized religion." --The Simpsons

Angus McScotch

says...

> http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html

Again?

steve

tim allegedly said:

> Take it to the streets...
> Get it on the media spotlight.
> Then Telecom might care

.....though there are about 10,427 more important issues than this one......

tim

yeah we will have to take some others to the street too...

news:FB%4b.712$(E-Mail Removed)...
> tim allegedly said:
>
> > Take it to the streets...
> > Get it on the media spotlight.
> > Then Telecom might care

> ....though there are about 10,427 more important issues than this

one......

T.N.O.

"mdew" wrote
> http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html

Subject should have read "Petition for Better ADSL in NZ"

T.N.O.

"Angus McScotch" wrote
> > http://www.petitiononline.com/nzadsl/petition.html

> Again?

where's the last one?

and will the new one be presented to them(telecom)?

T.N.O.

"tim" wrote
> u could try and get it slashdotted eh

thats always fun...

Bruce Simpson

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:02:00 +1200, "Stewart Gray"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ive signed the petition but you wonder how much telecom would care seeing
>this, im pretty sure Telecom are already well aware of what we all think of
>their pricing.

The only problem with petitions is that they are a double-edged sword.

I always warn people (when I can) that before they launch a petition,
they ought to be pretty damned sure that they're going to get huge
numbers signing up.

The problem is that if only a few tens (or less than a couple of
hundred) people sign up to such a petition, then it effectively says
that the other 80,000+ DSL users are quite happy with the status quo
-- and that's something that Telecom can use to strengthen *their*
argument that the prices are okay.

Given that 99% of all NZers are just too lazy to speak out about
things they don't like, petitions are a very risky business.

Join the petition! =?Utf-8?B?SmFmZmE=?= MCSE 1 02-15-2005 04:45 AM
petition madeinJamaica MCSE 11 08-10-2004 06:04 PM
Sun Java spinoff petition. Nils O. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sel=E5sdal?= Java 2 10-11-2003 07:49 AM

Advertisments