Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connection problem

Wireless connection problem

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=

I am trying to connect my desktop computer to my laptop via ad hoc. I have
spent countless hours using the wizards, etc to no avail. My desktop has XP
Media Center OS and is connected to a DSL modem with ethernet and has a
built-in Wireless LAN PCI 802.11b/g adapter WN5301A. The laptop has ME OS and
a ViewSonic network card 802.11/b. I have configured the desktop with a ad
hoc network, but cannot connect to it on the laptop.

Thank you

ricciox ricciox is offline
Junior Member

I have Wireless LAN PCI 802.11b/g adapter WN5301A without driver...could you send them to me?

MtnNtwks MtnNtwks is offline
Junior Member
Location: California

I had to do a lot of work and communication with Liteon to get this driver. Let me add, this company exemplifies what customer service should really be about. They were very responsive and helpful. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Here is the link for the driver...hope it helps:

http://www.mountainnetworks.com/tools/WN5301A-H1.zip