Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless interference / equipment keeps dropping out

Wireless interference / equipment keeps dropping out

leeto

Hi all,

I'm having the following problem with my wireless network, and was
wondering if anyone could shed some light

- Equipment:
- Desktop PC with Windows Media Center
- Belkin Wireless Router hard wired to Desktop
- Adsl modem hanging off Router
- IBM Centrino Notebook
- D-Link G810 wireless bridge connected to gaming console

- Setup
- Router set to channel 11, broadcasting ssid, and with 128-bit
WEP.
- DHCP server enabled, and DHCP enabled on both notebook and gaming
console
- WCZ on desktop PC disabled
- All firewalls turned off (for debugging purposes)

- Problem
- Notebook on it's own works fine, connects properly to the
wireless network and stays connected
- Bridge on it's own works fine, with my gaming console having
complete internet access
- It's only when I try to use both at the same time is that they
drop out, i.e. Notebook will say 'connected', then 'no wireless network
available' to 'connected again'
- Gaming console keeps dropping in and out.
- Switching either piece of equipment off, gives full functionality
to the other.

What am I doing wrong!

If anyone could give me any help, it would be much appreciated, as I am
already pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.