Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ...and plastic sleeves

...and plastic sleeves

Robin Corn

I'm looking for those sleeves like the ones which the Technet and MSDN
subscription CDs come in --sort of a plastic black or white bubble sleeve
with a clear front. I've after around 400 -- maybe a Technet or MSDN
subscriber could sell me theirs otherwise I'd like to track down a
distributor of something similar.
-Robin Corn, Godzone Virtual Flight, the magazine of NZ scenery for
FS2002/04
www.windowlight.co.nz/godzone

"BTMO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tQF3b.131104$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any recommend a good, cheap, reliable source of CD jewel cases and
> cardboard CD Mailers?
>
> We have recently set up a small business replicating data CDs for
> corporates, and I am looking for a better source of the above items.
>
> Jewel cases should need no elaboration, but you may not have seen the
> mailers. They are cardboard and when folded, protect a single CD in the
> post. You can get them in post shops for about $2.50 each.
>
> To make it profitable for us to use these things, I need to find them at
> about 80 cents each (yes, profit margins are that tight!)
>
> I have found them at about $1.00 - $1.25 each (in quanities WAY above

what
> I want to buy at once), but obviously, this doesn't meet my criteria.
>
> I currently get my jewel cases for about 70 cents each, and if I can

improve
> on this as well, I will be a very happy little saveloy!
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brenton

BTMO

"Robin Corn" <> wrote

> I'm looking for those sleeves like the ones which the Technet and MSDN
> subscription CDs come in --sort of a plastic black or white bubble sleeve
> with a clear front. I've after around 400 -- maybe a Technet or MSDN
> subscriber could sell me theirs otherwise I'd like to track down a
> distributor of something similar.
> -Robin Corn, Godzone Virtual Flight, the magazine of NZ scenery for
> FS2002/04
> www.windowlight.co.nz/godzone

Have you considered the paper ones? They are widely available.

BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in Petone.
Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!

Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?

Cheers,

Brenton

Robin Corn

> Have you considered the paper ones? They are widely available.
>
> BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in

Petone.
> Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!
>
> Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?

The plastic sleeves have a tab which I can staple into the cover. On the
other hand, maybe they don't need to be stapled...
At the moment I'm coping with making my own CDs, but in the unlikely event
that I can't keep up with the demand I'll let you know.

BTMO

"Robin Corn" <> wrote

> > BTW - I have found a source of cardboard mailers - Port Nicholson in

> Petone.
> > Don't know what they are like, but the price is good!
> >
> > Oh, do you need someone to make your CDs for you?
> >

> The plastic sleeves have a tab which I can staple into the cover. On the
> other hand, maybe they don't need to be stapled...
> At the moment I'm coping with making my own CDs, but in the unlikely event
> that I can't keep up with the demand I'll let you know.

No worries!

BTW - I have received some sample CD mailers from Port Nicholson Packaging
(pretty good customer service, I asked for them yesterday).

They are *very* nice, and exactly what I wanted, and at < 60 cents each,
outstanding value.

Now all I need is a reliable and cheaper source of jewel cases...

Cheers,

Brenton