Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: modem problem?

Re: modem problem?

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:28:02 +1200, cajones wrote:

> Each time I reboot I can access 2-3 sites then the modem stops downloading
> even though I am still connected.

Modem problem advice answer #1:

Unplug ALL the other devices plugged into the phone line and see if it
still does it. Everything - including that cheap and nasty phone in the
bedroom and the one with the clock in the kitchen.

--
There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
2: Fraud

cajones

"Uncle StoatWarbler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:28:02 +1200, cajones wrote:
>
> > Each time I reboot I can access 2-3 sites then the modem stops

downloading
> > even though I am still connected.

> Modem problem advice answer #1:
>
> Unplug ALL the other devices plugged into the phone line and see if it
> still does it. Everything - including that cheap and nasty phone in the
> bedroom and the one with the clock in the kitchen.

Hahaha. That what I need -- some humor here.( truly)

Been using a hairy but working 133mhz with the same modem ( works) so not
that. Must be a file deleted from windoze you think?

Even with Netsape installed gives the same problem..old phone/line or not.
--
> There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:

request.