Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Smart Media Card formatting

Re: Smart Media Card formatting

John

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:14:10 +1200, Megan Pledger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Cant you just reformat the card?
You can with my canon camera...

> I stuffed my smart media card when I was writing to it with low
>battery power.
>
> Does anyone know...
> 1) where in Auckland can I get it reformatted and
> 2) how much it would cost?
>
>M.

Megan Pledger

John wrote:

> Megan Pledger wrote:
>> I stuffed my smart media card when I was writing to it with low
>>battery power.
>>
>> Does anyone know...
>> 1) where in Auckland can I get it reformatted and
>> 2) how much it would cost?

> Cant you just reformat the card?
> You can with my canon camera...

I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly more
advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.

M.

max

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:34:35 +1200, Megan Pledger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John wrote:
>
>> Megan Pledger wrote:
>>> I stuffed my smart media card when I was writing to it with low
>>>battery power.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know...
>>> 1) where in Auckland can I get it reformatted and
>>> 2) how much it would cost?

> > Cant you just reformat the card?
> > You can with my canon camera...

>I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly more
>advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.
>
>M.

Can you format it with a card reader. I perfer CF cards are they are
less problematic.

SteveM

Megan Pledger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> max wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:34:35 +1200, Megan Pledger
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly
>>>more advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.
>>>
>>>M.
>>>

>> Can you format it with a card reader. I perfer CF cards are they are
>> less problematic.
>>

> Essentially, that's what I am asking and where can I go to do it?
>
> M.

Where in AK are you Megan?

SteveM

Henry Falkner

I stufed THREE cards on an Olympus C-40 when I put in new batteries without
switching the camera off first. These cards could not be reformatted in any
of my Olympus cameras, or by using the PCI smartmedia card adaptor in my
laptop.

Sorry.

Henry