Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: html newsgroup posts carrying virus or trojan?

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: html newsgroup posts carrying virus or trojan?

 
 
Baldman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99220.htm

....and on the 8th day, Google was coded...

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:28:18 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>I stated in another group that html has the ability to carry virus' or
>trojans to a guy who was using it to post. He called me a liar and said
>"Prove it".
>
>Am I a liar in this case? If I'm correct can anyone point me to a web site
>proving my point?
>
>Thanks,


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003

"Baldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99220.htm
>
> ...and on the 8th day, Google was coded...


Thank you Baldman.
--
~misfit~


> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:28:18 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
> >I stated in another group that html has the ability to carry virus' or
> >trojans to a guy who was using it to post. He called me a liar and said
> >"Prove it".
> >
> >Am I a liar in this case? If I'm correct can anyone point me to a web

site
> >proving my point?
> >
> >Thanks,

>



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date: 19/08/2003


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Baldman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-30-2003
NP... Pukekohe folk are always worthy...

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:49:24 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>
>"Baldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99220.htm
>>
>> ...and on the 8th day, Google was coded...

>
>Thank you Baldman.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Nigel Howe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2003
No, 2 towns north, but I work voluntarily in Puke once a week...

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:30:38 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>
>"Baldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> NP... Pukekohe folk are always worthy...

>
><G>. You in Puke too?


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003

"Nigel Howe" <nigelh@call+plus.co.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:30:38 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Baldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> NP... Pukekohe folk are always worthy...

> >
> ><G>. You in Puke too?

>
> No, 2 towns north, but I work voluntarily in Puke once a week...


Cool. If you ever need somewhere to drop in for a coffee one afternoon drop
me an email.
--
~misfit~



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.514 / Virus Database: 312 - Release Date: 28/08/2003


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the right way to detect encoding used in InputStream carrying HTML or XML HK Java 7 06-07-2005 02:02 PM
Why do you suppose this newsgroup attracts such off-the-wall posts? Tom Dacon Microsoft Certification 1 08-19-2004 12:33 AM
Virus, Virus, Virus..... Phil B Computer Support 2 09-22-2003 05:02 PM
HTML post carrying virus?? DaveG Computer Support 4 06-27-2003 01:25 AM



Advertisments