Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Outlook Express problem

Outlook Express problem

archierob

I have set my download headers to 1000. When I go to:

Tools > Get next 1000 Headers

to see earlier posts nothing happens - have noticed that the Apply button is
greyed out in Options > Read. Lost.

Kookaburra

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:59:55 +0100, "archierob"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have set my download headers to 1000. When I go to:
>
>Tools > Get next 1000 Headers
>
>to see earlier posts nothing happens - have noticed that the Apply button is
>greyed out in Options > Read. Lost.

The reason it is greyed out is because it has been set for 1000 posts
already. If you alter it to say 300 posts the Apply button will be
live again. Depending on your maintenance setting the older messages
have probably already been deleted. You will need to reset you group
and download them all again.

Right click on your group and then click on Properties>Local
file>Reset and it clear all the posts so you can download all the
headers and message bodies again. Just keep an eye on it as it may
download too many.

Chees, Kooky
Cheers, Kooky