Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Client Management Software

Client Management Software

max

I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.

What I need it to do are.

Accept nz dollars.
Allows GST to be added
Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
middle of a month.
Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.

So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
any other software that they could recommend?
PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

TIA

Max

madknoxie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
max <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
> if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
> clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.
>
> What I need it to do are.
>
> Accept nz dollars.
> Allows GST to be added
> Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
> month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
> middle of a month.
> Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.
>
> So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
> criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
> any other software that they could recommend?
> PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

Have you thought about developing your own? We were in your situation
not too long ago and like you, couldn't find anything for our needs,
which are also similar to yours. Only we wanted to be able to email our
clients their invoices and payment notices, etc. We're still developing
ours and its still a while off, but when we do finish it will be
perfect, for us.

--
madknoxie

max

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:34:56 +1200, madknoxie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> max <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
>> if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
>> clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.
>>
>> What I need it to do are.
>>
>> Accept nz dollars.
>> Allows GST to be added
>> Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
>> month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
>> middle of a month.
>> Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.
>>
>> So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
>> criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
>> any other software that they could recommend?
>> PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

>Have you thought about developing your own? We were in your situation
>not too long ago and like you, couldn't find anything for our needs,
>which are also similar to yours. Only we wanted to be able to email our
>clients their invoices and payment notices, etc. We're still developing
>ours and its still a while off, but when we do finish it will be
>perfect, for us.

Unfortionately I don't have the skills or time. Perlbill does look
about right, and I know quite a few companies in NZ do use it.