Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > lennier

lennier

Mainlander

In article <u5d3b.129403$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Just to correct, the last 16 bit Windows was Windows 3.11.
> Win 95 and after were all 32 bit Windows.

No. Win 95 98 and ME were hybrid 16/32 bit versions of Windows.

True 32 bit was Windows NT, 2000 and now XP.

bt

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:05:37 +1200, "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>? - whats the point in this post...

Isn't one. Pure trolling.

Brendan (Avatar)

--
`,,`,,`,,`, ,`,

Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

Wally

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:56:20 +1200, "Howard Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Wally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> I was just taking the **** out of lennier his ego needs a good
>> leveling, and as Nathan pointed recently your windows knowledge is
>> somewhat lacking.

>Never did get an answer from any of you self proclaimed Windows gurus about
>turning off the tooltips

People answered you ... you just didnt listen.

>None of you were honest enough to admit that you didn't know and that it
>just can't be done.

Your like a cat with a ball of string ..............

>Notice that non e of my post was about lennier despite your stupid childish
>woger like personal attack

your posts being about lennier what are you babbling about.

>Redhat ? so what

because redhat sure killed the linux is fredoom speech that withers
used to preach in here, now that redhat lock you into a 12 month
upgrade cycle the linux advocates seem to have gone deaf and dumb.

>you ? lame abusive loser

Ive read numerous posts from the linux advocates on how stupid,
hedgehog like the windows users are, I believe doing this just sets up
the linux advocates for a bit of their own medicine, but that's just
me.

Afterall I was just being honest about Lenniers computer background,
maybe it hit close to home with some of the other linux advocates in
here, I don't really care.

Wally....

Wally

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:38:21 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:48:28 +1200, Wally <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Afterall I was just being honest about Lenniers computer background,
>>maybe it hit close to home with some of the other linux advocates in
>>here, I don't really care.

>Consider the controversy about posting the spammers personal details
>here.Would you like to have your personal background revealed here.
>Perhaps you can post the dirt on yourself if you think it's allright.
>Think carefully before you reply

No one held lennier up at gun-point and forced lennier to disclose his
occupation or age to this ng. Lennier gave away that info on his own
free will.

Wally

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:44:32 +1200, David Keane
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just to correct, the last 16 bit Windows was Windows 3.11.
>Win 95 and after were all 32 bit Windows.

Not even close there David.

IBM did the same with OS2 , marketed the product as a 32 bit OS but
version 2.1 which I bought ,contained huge amounts of 16 bit code.

Lennier

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:42:31 +1200, Wally wrote:

>>Consider the controversy about posting the spammers personal details
>>here.Would you like to have your personal background revealed here.
>>Perhaps you can post the dirt on yourself if you think it's allright.
>>Think carefully before you reply

> No one held lennier up at gun-point and forced lennier to disclose his
> occupation or age to this ng. Lennier gave away that info on his own free
> will.

At no time have I indicated my age on this NG. Your assessment of that is
pure guesswork - and incorrect!

And yes - I AM presently working as a Porter - that much has been freely
stated. I have been working for the same hotel for over two and a half
years - a very long time indeed in the Hospo industry. I see nothing wrong
with me stating facts about how I earn money.

For me, computers are my hobby - a very enjoyable hobby.

I have never at any time even slightly hinted that I was employed in the
IT industry.

Lennier

Nathan Mercer

"Howard Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I was just taking the **** out of lennier his ego needs a good
> > leveling, and as Nathan pointed recently your windows knowledge is
> > somewhat lacking.

> Never did get an answer from any of you self proclaimed Windows gurus

about
> turning off the tooltips
> None of you were honest enough to admit that you didn't know and that it
> just can't be done.

Dunno who you are calling a guru, but someone else here replied with the
info previously already
..
Its a registry change, so the best way to do it is by downloading the
TweakUI Powertoy from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

specifically
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe
(search on www.microsoft.com/downloads for powertoys)

then start, run, tweakui
goto Taskmanager and Start Menu then follow your nose

Peace, out

Gavin Tunney

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 02:04:09 +1200, Wally <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lennier
>

>I would guess everyone has seen Lenniers posts to nz.comp lately, and
>I guess I just don't understand the grief that people give him.
>

>Lets look at his background, plus what personal details Lennier has
>shared with us all.
>

>1) Well he has had so many alias / handle changes its mind boggling.
>Mama Cass was a favorite of his, you can only applaud him for being so
>in touch with his feminine side.
>
>2) He works as a Porter in hotel down south and carries people's
>luggage for a living.
>

>3) But he has had 5 years experience with his own home network, doing
>the math that means Lennier had a pc when he was just 13 years old
>approx.
>
> Which is quite amazing really that a 13 year old has access to a
>computer running windows98 , that kid was years ahead of his time.
>That trusty old pc is now networked to a couple of computers that run
>redhat, which has a really cool application called Iptables.
>
>Thank-god for that win98 box , or he would have to use PAN / Knode for
>a newsreader. This is remarkable really in that a linux advocate has
>the balls to admit some windows software is superior.
>

>4) He doesn't work on the hotel computer system at all , but during
>the lunch break the computer admins at his hotel fill Lennier in how
>Windows is a pile of crap.
>Which is useful info to know if your going to be a Linux advocate one
>day.
>
>5) Lennier seems stuck in some huge time warp where everyone is still
>using the 16 bit windows 95 /98.
>
> The fact that 32bit versions of windows later shipped ie NT ,
>windows2000, windowsXP. Operating systems designed for the business
>sector just slipped him by, but Lennier was never one to let reality
>cloud his judgment.
>
>After all how could someone declare redhat 9 the superior desktop OS
>if you couldn't also pick the only version of windows that it was
>superior to, ie windows98.
>
>6) His anal like obsession with peoples grammar and spelling that he
>directs against people in this news group, one can only imagine his
>mother potty trained him at gun-point. No one becomes that obsessive
>- compulsive if they had a normal childhood.
>

>7) lennier advocates the freedom of linux but finds no issue with red
>hats 12 month OS upgrade policy.
>
>Since redhat make their earnings in charging people for support calls
>/ support contracts / system updates, it sure beats me what redhat
>have to gain by only offering 12 mnth support for their operating
>systems for SOHO users. I just doooonnnntttttt understand it.
>
>Its goodnite kiwi from me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have to admit to getting irritated with some of his uninformed
comments & criticisms, but posts like this aren't warranted. Let's
keep the personal stuff out of it huh....

Gavin