Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free software to draw ERDs?

Free software to draw ERDs?

Daniel Farley

Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something like
erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
Daniel

David Keane

Daniel Farley wrote:

>Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something like
>erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
>Daniel

ERDs as in Entity Relationship Diagrams for Databases?
I looked earlier in the year, and found nothing specific to, but found
only DTP or drawing programs produce anything good.
There's a void of free software designed for ERDs (and other
Flow/Relationship Diagrams), and I ended up using Word and Publisher to
finish my assignment.

Peter Murray

"David Keane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsl03b.128765$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daniel Farley wrote:
>
> >Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something

like
> >erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
> >Daniel
> >

> ERDs as in Entity Relationship Diagrams for Databases?
> I looked earlier in the year, and found nothing specific to, but found
> only DTP or drawing programs produce anything good.
> There's a void of free software designed for ERDs (and other
> Flow/Relationship Diagrams), and I ended up using Word and Publisher to
> finish my assignment.

I use the free limited evaluation version (v2.4.2) of DeZign for databases
to draw small ERDs and generate SQL to create databases. The software is
available from http://www.datanamic.com/ and I've just discovered they have
a new version with more features.

--
Peter Murray