Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD Imports

DVD Imports

Robert Kramer

Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

Mutley

Robert Kramer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..
>
>http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
Ozzys still believe in free trade..

T.N.O.

"Mutley" wrote
> >Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..
> >http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

> Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
> CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
> Ozzys still believe in free trade..

If she did, I missed it, any more info on that one?

steve

T.N.O. wrote:
> "Mutley" wrote
>
>>>Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..
>>>http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

>>Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
>>CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
>>Ozzys still believe in free trade..

> If she did, I missed it, any more info on that one?

http://www.med.govt.nz/buslt/int_pro.../parallel.html

Full story is at the URL.

Here is an small extract:

Government Decisions in Relation to Parallel Importing

On 13 December 2001, the former Minister of Commerce, Hon Paul Swain,
and Associate Minister of Arts, Culture and Heritage, Hon Judith Tizard,
issued a media statement announcing the legislation the government
intends to introduce to make changes to the parallel importing regime.

Now also Associate Minister of Commerce, Hon Judith Tizard issued a
media statement on 17 December 2002 announcing that, in order to give
effect to the government's undertakings as announced in December 2001,
she had introduced the Copyright (Parallel Importation of Films and Onus
of Proof) Amendment Bill 2002 into Parliament.
Key Provisions in the Bill

The Bill will amend the Copyright Act 1994 to:

* Introduce a ban on the parallel importation of films, videos and
DVDs for nine months after a title's first international release,
whether in New Zealand or elsewhere. This ban will last for five years;
* Shift the evidentiary onus of proof to the defendant in civil
proceedings concerning whether the imported goods in question are
infringing copies. These changes to the onus of proof only apply to
sound recordings, films and computer programs;
* Amend the existing requirement in the Act that the defendant in
civil proceedings concerning the act of importation "knows or has reason
to believe" to a requirement that the defendant "knows or ought
reasonably to know" that the imported object is an infringing copy.
Again, these changes only apply to sound recordings, films and computer
programs;
* Provide that the Court must not require the defendant to disclose
information on sources of supply where it appears to the Court that it
would be unreasonable to do so; and
* Clarify existing provisions relating to rental rights in films,
sound recordings and computer programs where those copyright works are
parallel imported.

steve

T.N.O. wrote:
> "Mutley" wrote
>
>>>Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..
>>>http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

>>Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
>>CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
>>Ozzys still believe in free trade..

> If she did, I missed it, any more info on that one?

Oh...and notice that in the changes to the law, you need to prove you
are innocent.

The presumption is that you are guilty.

Thanks, America.......

Robert Kramer

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:26:13 +1200, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mutley" wrote
>> >Seems that OZZ gets a better deal than us..
>> >http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7796

>> Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
>> CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
>> Ozzys still believe in free trade..

>If she did, I missed it, any more info on that one?

Yes very true..

Paul

www.dvdworld.co.nz gets dvds
for movies that are currently screening.

Just down the road from me.

"Robert Kramer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:26:13 +1200, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"Mutley" wrote
> >>
> >> Didn't Queen Helen last year legislate against parallel importing of
> >> CD and DVDs to protect the Hollywood cartels ?? Seems as though the
> >> Ozzys still believe in free trade..

> >If she did, I missed it, any more info on that one?
> >

> Yes very true..

paulsy

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:25:18 +1200, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>www.dvdworld.co.nz gets dvds
>for movies that are currently screening.
>
>Just down the road from me.

I see you can get the Roddy MacDoanld movie for only $29-95

http://www.dvdshopnz.co.nz/Merchant2...egory_Code=HOR

but I expect to find this in a Whorehouse bargain bin for $15.

Mutley

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (paulsy) wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:25:18 +1200, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>www.dvdworld.co.nz gets dvds
>>for movies that are currently screening.
>>
>>Just down the road from me.

>**** In Hell - $75 for a DVD is a bit much isn't it?
>
>Who they hell is stupid enough to pay that price?

Exactly. Go to Amazon or ABsound . Far cheaper when landed..

Dynamic imports + relative imports in Python 3 zildjohn01 Python 0 02-22-2011 05:24 PM
Imports System.Data or Imports System.Data.SqlClient? Albert ASP .Net 4 07-10-2008 09:00 AM
GREEK DVD Imports ??? france DVD Video 1 07-16-2004 12:36 AM
DVD dealers who handle imports Jim Hollis DVD Video 6 09-05-2003 12:27 AM

Advertisments