Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Are .nz 2LDs available for registration?

Are .nz 2LDs available for registration?

Evil Bastard

Hi,

The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
..nz now available for all and sundry?

Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

EB

richard

Evil Bastard wrote:

> The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
> .nz now available for all and sundry?
>
> Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

No; you may only register third-level domains in .nz.

Cheers

Richard

Mauricio Freitas

"Evil Bastard" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
newsan.2003.08.26.03.18.17.235781@127.0.0.1...
> Hi,
>
> The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
> .nz now available for all and sundry?
>
> Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

Nope. .geek.nz was added to the current 2LD space (org.nz, co.nz, govt.nz,
net.nz, etc...)

--
Mauricio Freitas
mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Enkidu

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:18:17 +1200, Evil Bastard
<postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
>.nz now available for all and sundry?
>
>Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

No.

Cheers,

Cliff

DPF

<postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
>.nz now available for all and sundry?

Nope. One has to apply for a new 2LD to be created as outlined in the
policy at http://dnc.org.nz/content/second_level_domains.pdf.

>Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

No. However the 2LD policy is being reviewed with one of the possible
outcomes being to allow registrations at the 2nd level, instead of the
3rd level. If you have a view on this you'll be able to make a
submission once public submissions are called for.

DPF
--
Blog: http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz
E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)