Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: new DSL pricing

Re: new DSL pricing

samg

mdew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):

> Telecom doesnt know how to run a proper DSL service.
>
> http://www.telecom-media.co.nz/relea...915&page=index

one word : pathetic.

Who is this

In article <Xns93E058829137Csamg@203.97.37.6>, samg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> mdew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Telecom doesnt know how to run a proper DSL service.
> >
> > http://www.telecom-media.co.nz/relea...915&page=index
> >

> one word : pathetic.

Yep, pathetic, and the sooner Walker wireless, Clear/telstra and others
are in the game the better.
I understand that the government may force the local loop to be opened
up later this year....if this is so...Telstra, you have a new customer!

wrote:

> mdew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Telecom doesnt know how to run a proper DSL service.
> >
> > http://www.telecom-media.co.nz/relea...915&page=index
> >

> one word : pathetic.

Must check to see if they have "fixed" their pricing problems. I laid a
complaint with the fair trade commission and the agreed with me,
Telecoms advertsing and information on their web page was highly
misleading....

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:14:02 +1200, Who is this wrote:

> Must check to see if they have "fixed" their pricing problems. I laid a
> complaint with the fair trade commission and the agreed with me, Telecoms
> advertsing and information on their web page was highly misleading....

Yet there waas no news coverage whatsoever, right?

a few years ago, TV3 and TV1 both announced that there would coverage of
ministry of commerce fines levied against Telecom on the 6pm news.

6pm rolled around, no coverage.

Talks with the reporters later on revealed Telecom had killed the stories
by threatening to pull their adverts if they were run....

samg

Who is this <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I understand that the government may force the local loop to be opened
> up later this year.

this is the key to cheaper internet access in NZ but telecom is going to go
all out to prevent it from happening.

Ian Boag

If I think hard enough about this "opening of the local loop" it will
probably make sense.

Telecom NZ is a public company. it owns the local loop. We (the govt
of the day) sold it to them. So the local loop belongs to Telecom NZ.
With hindsight, it might not have been a good idea to make TNZ the
sole owner, but it was done.

One would therefore assume that this "opening" process won't involve
any form of theft. Telecom will be compensated etc etc.

One of the major benficiaries will be Telstra/Clear. They understand
all that stuff about the benefits of an open local loop because of how
they work that way in Aus ......... (?)

??????????????

samg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Who is this <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> I understand that the government may force the local loop to be opened
>> up later this year.

>this is the key to cheaper internet access in NZ but telecom is going to go
>all out to prevent it from happening.

Lennier

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:42:11 +0000, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

> Talks with the reporters later on revealed Telecom had killed the
> stories by threatening to pull their adverts if they were run.

The News reporting in this country is not unbiased. The fact that all NZ
TV networks are commercial puts paid to that.

Lennier

Mainlander

In article <pan.2003.08.22.23.01.33.904982@TRACKER>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:42:11 +0000, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
>
> > Talks with the reporters later on revealed Telecom had killed the
> > stories by threatening to pull their adverts if they were run.

> The News reporting in this country is not unbiased. The fact that all NZ
> TV networks are commercial puts paid to that.

Hogwash. One is government owned. There are other regional networks and
even hobbyist ones.

Is D-Link DSL-604T same as D-Link DSL-604+ ? norm Wireless Networking 6 11-18-2005 10:25 AM
Re: new DSL pricing T.N.O. NZ Computing 3 08-25-2003 12:03 AM
Re: new DSL pricing Jay NZ Computing 2 08-24-2003 10:26 PM
Re: new DSL pricing Roger Ramjet NZ Computing 2 08-23-2003 01:56 PM
Re: Cisco836 and German Telekom DSL (T-DSL) Daniel Meyer Cisco 1 07-25-2003 04:01 PM

Advertisments