Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dual PIII servers

Dual PIII servers

Rob King

Anyone know where I could buy a new dual PIII server from?

The Flash

In most cases a P4 based server that supports hyperthreading will
significantly outperform a duel P3, typically P3 systems use 133mhz SDram
ecc shared between each CPU. Most p4 servers use either 400mhz or 533mhz
equivilent DDRram.

The only place that P3 still seems to be hanging on is in Blade servers, you
can still by duel P3 blades.

http://www.ap.dell.com/ap/nz/en/bsd/...opt_1655mc.htm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...