Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Will MS blow up the planet...looks close !

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Will MS blow up the planet...looks close !

 
 
William Lyon McKenzie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
Who is this allegedly said:

> Welcome to 2003.
>
> We suggest Microsoft actually start backing up their promise of
> Trustworthy Computing.


Since they made the promise, it has arguably become worse.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Patrick FitzGerald
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:42:52 +1200, William Lyon McKenzie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>> We suggest Microsoft actually start backing up their promise of
>> Trustworthy Computing.

>
>Since they made the promise, it has arguably become worse.
>
>

Microsofts so called trustworthy computing in its evil incarnation
as Palladium is designed to make you the untrusted person in your own
computer.


Do you really want that?

Patrick
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Lyon McKenzie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
Patrick FitzGerald allegedly said:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:42:52 +1200, William Lyon McKenzie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>> We suggest Microsoft actually start backing up their promise of
>>> Trustworthy Computing.

>>
>>Since they made the promise, it has arguably become worse.
>>
>>

> Microsofts so called trustworthy computing in its evil incarnation
> as Palladium is designed to make you the untrusted person in your own
> computer.
>
> Do you really want that?


You're talking to a Linux user....

 
Reply With Quote
 
Howard Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003

"William Lyon McKenzie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0Oc1b.13051$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who is this allegedly said:
>
> > Welcome to 2003.
> >
> > We suggest Microsoft actually start backing up their promise of
> > Trustworthy Computing.

>
> Since they made the promise, it has arguably become worse.
>
>

No it hasn't Steve.
It has stayed about the same, people still have about the same level of
trust in Microsoft.
Its a policy, not a promise


 
Reply With Quote
 
William Lyon McKenzie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
Mainlander allegedly said:

> In article <0Oc1b.13051$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Who is this allegedly said:
>>
>> > Welcome to 2003.
>> >
>> > We suggest Microsoft actually start backing up their promise of
>> > Trustworthy Computing.

>>
>> Since they made the promise, it has arguably become worse.

>
> But you don't know anything as you have yourself set up in that self
> important role of MS expert who doesn't actually use any of their
> products.


If I hear you right, you're criticising me for saying things when you have
assumed I don't know what I'm talking about.

There is a certain irony here because your own post is based on the
unfounded assumption I don't use Windows.

My job requires me to use MS Windows and MS Office all day, every day.

So if you're looking for someone to criticise for making ill-founded
statements.....start MUCH closer to home.

Aren't you glad it was just me and not someone REALLY nasty?

Just think how different it would be if you had addressed the issue of
Microsoft security instead of wasting your time attacking me - wrongly, as
it turns out.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Col^
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:00:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Patrick FitzGerald) wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:00:31 +1200, William Lyon McKenzie
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>>You're talking to a Linux user....

>
>
>
> That will not save you from the evil of Palladium.
>
> Micro$oft is conspiring with chip makers to micro propgram their
>domination of your computer.
>
>Now is the time for all concerned computer users to work out ways to
>oppose the evil of Palladium .
>
>Patrick


Patsy, you are the thicko, your spelling betrays you. ©
--

Col

Col's law.
Thinly sliced cabbage..
 
Reply With Quote
 
Who is this
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Patrick FitzGerald) wrote:

>
> Now is the time for all concerned computer users to work out ways to
> oppose the evil of Palladium .



Why do you think I own Macs...apart from the fact that OSX is a better
choice anyway.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Uncle StoatWarbler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:02:27 +1200, Who is this wrote:

>
> Why do you think I own Macs...apart from the fact that OSX is a better
> choice anyway.


If you ever get the chance, listen to "three dead trolls in a baggie",
"technical help desk"


 
Reply With Quote
 
Who is this
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003
In article <N9x1b.13254$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Howard Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Who is this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Patrick FitzGerald) wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Now is the time for all concerned computer users to work out ways to
> > > oppose the evil of Palladium .

> >
> >
> > Why do you think I own Macs...apart from the fact that OSX is a better
> > choice anyway.

>
> Plural ? Most MacZealots are single box types.


Well I have 3 and will be buying a 4th.

> Because you have rather simple and limited needs and expectations.


No, I have complex needs.

> Because you have no need to run AutoCAD or accounting software that is only
> written for Windows


Autocad is crap, and just because something is exclusive to windows does
not make it better. There are also many applications that are mac only
and they are also damn good Apps.

> Because you don't realise the cost benefits of running cheap i32 hardware
> with Linux for storage, serving routing processing for your Apple desktop
> client.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Howard Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003

"Who is this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <N9x1b.13254$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Howard Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > "Who is this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > > (E-Mail Removed) (Patrick FitzGerald) wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Now is the time for all concerned computer users to work out ways

to
> > > > oppose the evil of Palladium .
> > >
> > >
> > > Why do you think I own Macs...apart from the fact that OSX is a better
> > > choice anyway.

> >
> > Plural ? Most MacZealots are single box types.

>
> Well I have 3 and will be buying a 4th.
>
> > Because you have rather simple and limited needs and expectations.

>
> No, I have complex needs.
>
> > Because you have no need to run AutoCAD or accounting software that is

only
> > written for Windows

>
> Autocad is crap, and just because something is exclusive to windows does
> not make it better. There are also many applications that are mac only
> and they are also damn good Apps.


There are great applications for Macs, I really like them.
I'm just not a MacZealot, I choose platforms according to the application I
need.
Unfortunately just saying "AutoCAD is crap" (in a woger like fashion) is not
an option if one has to operate in a community of AutoCAD users, which
includes all building documentation for all contractors that I deal with.
If I want to drive a router plotter or vinyl cutter, all the solutions are
Windows. If I want to edit dialogue for a film the best solution is a Mac.
If I want access to a vast archive of free software tools I use Debian.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SP3102 Default Dial Plan: Blow-By-Blow Description? (PeteCresswell) UK VOIP 9 02-12-2011 05:14 PM
How to close a TCP socket? (TCPSocket#close doesn't close it) IƱaki Baz Castillo Ruby 7 01-12-2010 01:32 PM
Firefighters at the site of WTC7 "Move away the building is going to blow up, get back the building is going to blow up." Midex Python 24 05-07-2007 04:23 AM
CSS 11501 - How do I blow away the config and start over? Guy Cisco 3 08-25-2005 02:20 AM
Re: Will MS blow up the planet...looks close ! Peter NZ Computing 3 08-22-2003 11:26 PM



Advertisments