Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Majoy Majoy BUG in XP Drivers..

Reply
Thread Tools

Majoy Majoy BUG in XP Drivers..

 
 
william bell wbell@whatnow.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003

I have one more PC system to test to fully confirm this bug, but so far I am
convinced that I am 100 % correct.


So far these 3 Games show it up


1. Dungeon Siege


2. Humvee Assult


3. Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit 2



If you tweak any of the colour channels with the colour correction option,
that colour that you tweak shows up a hard blocky graphics in these 3 games,
other new games to not show this fault..


The Problem is with XP and does not happen with Win98se..

All version 4.xx drivers have this Major Bug, even the latest 45.23/24


I have one more system to test my findings out, so far its bad on 2 different
systems..



The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight blue affect,
this can be done with the the screen options, but not if you are using the DVI
port.

I hope to test this other PC in the next few days..


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Lewis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:25:31 +1200, william bell
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>
>I have one more PC system to test to fully confirm this bug, but so far I am
>convinced that I am 100 % correct.
>
>
>So far these 3 Games show it up
>
>
>1. Dungeon Siege
>
>
>2. Humvee Assult
>
>
>3. Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit 2
>
>
>
>If you tweak any of the colour channels with the colour correction option,
>that colour that you tweak shows up a hard blocky graphics in these 3 games,
>other new games to not show this fault..
>
>
>The Problem is with XP and does not happen with Win98se..
>
>All version 4.xx drivers have this Major Bug, even the latest 45.23/24
>
>
>I have one more system to test my findings out, so far its bad on 2 different
>systems..
>
>
>
>The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight blue affect,
>this can be done with the the screen options, but not if you are using the DVI
>port.
>
>I hope to test this other PC in the next few days..
>
>


Have you informed nVidia Technical Support directly ???

Seems to be important enough for the information not to be buried in
news-postings. Should be very easy indeed for them to check
your findings. Of course, specify your OS version, DirectX version
MB, MB drivers, CPU, video card, audio card, video and audio
drivers etc.

John Lewis

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
colinco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, william bell
(E-Mail Removed) wrote...
> The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight blue affect,
>

Woger?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Mayhew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003
colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, william bell
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote...
>> The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight blue
>> affect,
>>

> Woger?


With a Majoy bug what ever Majoy means

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
 
Reply With Quote
 
KS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003
colinco wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, william bell
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote...
>> The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight
>> blue affect,
>>

> Woger?


Scumbag more like it.

William Bell, aka RSA murderer. Found guilty of the triple murder at a
Auckland RSA not long ago. High on P at the time, sentenced to a substantial
non-parole period.

Using that false name, plus whatnow (kids program) = scumbag.

Pick a name, any name it really doesn't matter, but a triple murderer ?? Why
not just keep it simple and stick to pedophiles names.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Kramer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2003
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:55:46 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (John Lewis) wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:25:31 +1200, william bell
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>
>>I have one more PC system to test to fully confirm this bug, but so far I am
>>convinced that I am 100 % correct.
>>
>>
>>So far these 3 Games show it up
>>
>>
>>1. Dungeon Siege
>>
>>
>>2. Humvee Assult
>>
>>
>>3. Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit 2
>>
>>
>>
>>If you tweak any of the colour channels with the colour correction option,
>>that colour that you tweak shows up a hard blocky graphics in these 3 games,
>>other new games to not show this fault..
>>
>>
>>The Problem is with XP and does not happen with Win98se..
>>
>>All version 4.xx drivers have this Major Bug, even the latest 45.23/24
>>
>>
>>I have one more system to test my findings out, so far its bad on 2 different
>>systems..
>>
>>
>>
>>The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight blue affect,
>>this can be done with the the screen options, but not if you are using the DVI
>>port.
>>
>>I hope to test this other PC in the next few days..
>>
>>

>
>Have you informed nVidia Technical Support directly ???
>
>Seems to be important enough for the information not to be buried in
>news-postings. Should be very easy indeed for them to check
>your findings. Of course, specify your OS version, DirectX version
>MB, MB drivers, CPU, video card, audio card, video and audio
>drivers etc.
>
>John Lewis




You can't contact Nvidia as I have tried even with some of the support
sites..


 
Reply With Quote
 
k y l e
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
"KS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi0oqc$7r3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> colinco wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, william bell
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote...
> >> The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight
> >> blue affect,
> >>

> > Woger?

>
> Scumbag more like it.
>
> William Bell, aka RSA murderer. Found guilty of the triple murder at a
> Auckland RSA not long ago. High on P at the time, sentenced to a

substantial
> non-parole period.
>
> Using that false name, plus whatnow (kids program) = scumbag.
>
> Pick a name, any name it really doesn't matter, but a triple murderer ??

Why
> not just keep it simple and stick to pedophiles names.
>
>


Poor bugger's name could well turn out to be some shopkeeper William Bell
from Opotiki or something....


 
Reply With Quote
 
Invisible
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:22:19 +1200, "KS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>colinco wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, william bell
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote...
>>> The need to tweak the colour is due to LCD screens have a slight
>>> blue affect,
>>>

>> Woger?

>
>Scumbag more like it.
>
>William Bell, aka RSA murderer. Found guilty of the triple murder at a
>Auckland RSA not long ago. High on P at the time, sentenced to a substantial
>non-parole period.
>
>Using that false name, plus whatnow (kids program) = scumbag.


Woger's a bit thick, he probably meant to go for William Tell.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kerrie Felderton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
Roger Sheppard, using his latest alias "Robert Kramer <robert.k[at]nohost.co.nz>", wrote:

> NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241


Roger's static IP.


Another alias inserted into the list.


1 10 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
2 9 of 11 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
3 Angel of Paradise <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
4 Angel of Paradise.. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
5 Atom Man [at]atomic.co.nz
6 Atom Man [at]comics.co.nz
7 badcat[at]catname.com
8 batman[at]rockcave.com
9 bben[at]nohome.com
10 BIG Bear [at]bearcat.com.au
11 Big Bird [at]birdcage.com
12 bigdick[at]sex.com
13 Bill <bills[at]hmware.com>
14 "Bill" <bills[at]homeware.com>
15 Bill Smith <intelboy[at]yahoo.com>
16 Bird Man. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
17 Bird Man <squawk[at]nospamnewsguy.com>
18 Bird of Paradise. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
19 BirdMan <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
20 Black Bird [at]birdman.com.au
21 Black Bird [at]nests.com
22 Blade Runner <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
23 Blade Runner® <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
24 Blue Tit [at]birdman.com.au
25 Brian Bishop <bbishop[at]hotmail.com>
26 Brian Withers <bwitheres[at]nospamhotmail.com>
27 bug bunny[at]bunnies.com
28 Dingbats [at]ding.co.nz
29 fbrown [at]yahoo.co.nz
30 ffish[at]nname.com
31 ffish[at]noname.com
32 "Fred Smith" <fsmith[at]anyone.com>
33 Fred Turtle <fturtle[at]yahoo.com>
34 Fred Turtle <fturtle[at]yahoonosmam.com>
35 Freddy Fish <ffish[at]globenospam.net.nz>
36 GLAD Wrap. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
37 Greg Townsend <greg.t[at]yahoonospam.com>
38 Henry_VIII <henry_VIII[at]hamptoncourt.co.uk>
39 Henry_vlll <henry_vlll[at]hamptoncourt.uk>
40 Horse Whisperer. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
41 Jackknife © <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
42 Kingpin© <kpin[at]yahoo.com>
43 Kiwi Boy. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
44 Master Tech © <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
45 Master Tech 1 <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
46 Master Tech <mt[at]electonics.co.nz>
47 Master Tech <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
48 Mathew Williams <mwilliams[at]xtra.co.nz>
49 No. 9 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
50 P2000 [at]cybernet.org
51 P2001 [at]cybernet.org
52 P4 [at]p4.com
53 P4 <P4[at]p4.com>
54 PeaCock [at]nesting.com
55 Philip Brown <pbrown[at]hotmailnospam.com>
56 Philip Williams <pwilliams[at]hotmailspam.com
57 pinocchio [at]wooden.co.nz
58 pinocchio [at]woodendols.co.nz
59 pip[at]fruit.com
60 plum[at]fruit.com
61 pommyb[at]pomland.co.uk
62 pom[at]pom.co.uk
63 puss[at]purr.com
64 puss[at]purrpurr.com
65 pussy[at]catname.com
66 pussy[at]purrpurr.com
67 Road Runner <rogers[at]chello.co.nz>
68 Robert Kramer <robert.k[at]nohost.co.nz>
69 Robert Mathews <r.math[at]nopost.com>
70 Robin Wheeler <rwheeler[at]hotmailnospam.com>
71 Roger Sheppard <rogers[at]xtra.co.nz>
72 roger[at]globe.net.nz
73 rogerrabit[at]bunnies.com
74 rogerrabit[at]bunny.com
75 roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz
76 rogers[at]xtra.co.nz (Roger Sheppard)
77 Santa [at]northpole.com
78 Scroll <scroll[at]notvalid.com>
79 sheppard_r[at]ix.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
80 sheppard_r[at]kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
81 Sophist <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
82 Sparrow [at]bird.com.au
83 Sparrow [at]birdman.com.au
84 Star Ranger.© <star.ranger[at]yahoo.com>
85 stone[at]fruit.com
86 stone[at]fruits.com
87 stone[at]fruits.org
88 TEN. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
89 ten[at]noname.com
90 The Easter Bunny. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
91 The KIWI © <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
92 The KIWI ©® <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
93 The KIWI. <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
94 The KIWI.© <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
95 The Scarlet Pimpernel © <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
96 The Scarlet Pimpernet © <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
97 The Virus © <virus[at]nowhere.com>
98 The Virus® <virus[at]yahoo.com>
99 The Vulture© <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
100 The Wise Old Owl [at]birdnesting.com
101 The Wise Old Owl. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
102 The Wise Old Owl. <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
103 V.I.P. 3 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
104 V.I.P. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
105 W2001 [at]cybernets.org
106 william bell <wbell[at]whatnow.com>
107 william[at]paradise.net.nz (The KIWI...)
108 Wingman <wingman[at]nospam.com>
109 Woger MKII [at]wogerbox.co.nz
110 ZipDisk© <ZipDisk©[at]yahoo.com>
111 zipdisk©[at]yaho.com (Zipdisk©)



--
Kerrie

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bret
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:27:26 +1200, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Kerrie Felderton" wrote
>> Another alias inserted into the list.

>
>Got a question for you Kerrie, other than maintaining the official list of
>Roger's alias's, do you actually contribute to the group?
>

LOL
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*bug* *bug* *bug* David Raleigh Arnold Firefox 12 04-02-2007 03:13 AM
Re: BUG? OR NOT A BUG? John ASP .Net 2 09-21-2005 10:31 AM
Re: Majoy Majoy BUG in XP Drivers.. Update J.Clarke NZ Computing 22 08-26-2003 01:51 PM
Majoy Majoy BUG in XP Drivers.. Update 2 william bell NZ Computing 5 08-24-2003 08:37 AM
Re: Majoy Majoy BUG in XP Drivers.. Update James West NZ Computing 6 08-22-2003 10:38 AM



Advertisments