Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Utterly OT: Finding business owners.

Utterly OT: Finding business owners.

~misfit~

Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
obvious exception)

I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour on
google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

And, if you feel the need, flame away.....

TIA
--
~misfit~

---

Robert Mathews

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

>Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
>large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
>obvious exception)

Gee its nice to know that you are that exception, can't even fix a known
problem with a MSI MoBo..

>I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour on
>google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?
>
>And, if you feel the need, flame away.....
>
>TIA

Peter Huebner

In article <rhG0b.121556$(E-Mail Removed)>,
misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
> Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has a
> large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With one
> obvious exception)
>
> I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour on
> google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a lot
of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what you want
though.

h.t.h. -Peter

ps: quick google search threw this up:
http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acW...penForm&startk
ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company directory'
.... you can always hit their main page. -P.

~misfit~

"me here" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mnG0b.12683$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.companies.govt.nz and use the "Current Name Search" or the
> "Director, Shareholder or Address Search"
>
> Be aware the menu on the left hand side forces the cursor to a text
> cursor and is quite confusing the first few times.

Thanks for that Gavin. It seems the business I want to find out about isn't
a company. I just want to know who owns it.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

> ~misfit~ wrote:
> > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has

> > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With

one
> > obvious exception)
> >
> > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour

on
> > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?
> >
> > And, if you feel the need, flame away.....
> >
> > TIA
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> > ---

---

~misfit~

"Peter Huebner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz...
> In article <rhG0b.121556$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
> > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that has

> > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With

one
> > obvious exception)
> >
> > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour

on
> > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

> There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
> them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a lot
> of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what you want
> though.
>
> h.t.h. -Peter
>
> ps: quick google search threw this up:
> http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acW...penForm&startk
> ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
> dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company directory'
> ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

Thanks for that. It didn't help me though

I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned company.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

---

Chris Mayhew

Robert Mathews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that
>>has a large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it.
>>(With one obvious exception)

> Gee its nice to know that you are that exception, can't even fix a
> known problem with a MSI MoBo..

Hook, Line, Sinker ?

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

Chris Mayhew

"~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in
news:kfK0b.121709$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Peter Huebner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz...
>> In article <rhG0b.121556$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...
>> > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that
>> > has

>> > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it.
>> > (With

> one
>> > obvious exception)
>> >
>> > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an
>> > hour

> on
>> > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?

>> There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
>> them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a
>> lot of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what
>> you want though.
>>
>> h.t.h. -Peter
>>
>> ps: quick google search threw this up:
>> http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acW...t?OpenForm&sta
>> rtk ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
>> dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company
>> directory' ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

> Thanks for that. It didn't help me though
>
> I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
> company.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~

Is this a LTD company ?, if so then you will find that info at the
companies office as per the other post. If it's not a LTD (Limited
Liability Company) then they can't use LTD in the name - but maybe you
already know this ?

Another posibility is if they use any trade mark - you can search for the
details on that as well.

You could search the title of the place they operate from assuming it's not
a rental and you use to be able to search by name as well (to see how many
properties that person has)

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

~misfit~

"Chris Mayhew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3R0b.12755$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in
> news:kfK0b.121709$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Peter Huebner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz...
> >> In article <rhG0b.121556$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >> misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...

> > one

> > on
> >>
> >> There is a business directory, called a'courts or similar. I have had
> >> them show up in google searches from time to time. They have quite a
> >> lot of info about different companies - dunno if they'd have what
> >> you want though.
> >>
> >> h.t.h. -Peter
> >>
> >> ps: quick google search threw this up:
> >> http://www.acourts.co.nz/Acourts/acW...t?OpenForm&sta
> >> rtk ey=MASTERPIECE%20PICTURE%20MOULDINGS%20LTD
> >> dunno if that's helpful, it was entitled 'alphabetical company
> >> directory' ... you can always hit their main page. -P.

> > Thanks for that. It didn't help me though
> >
> > I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
> > company.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> Is this a LTD company ?, if so then you will find that info at the
> companies office as per the other post. If it's not a LTD (Limited
> Liability Company) then they can't use LTD in the name - but maybe you
> already know this ?
>
> Another posibility is if they use any trade mark - you can search for the
> details on that as well.
>
> You could search the title of the place they operate from assuming it's

not
> a rental and you use to be able to search by name as well (to see how many
> properties that person has)

I don't think it's a limited company. I've searched everything I can think
of with no luck. Thanks anyway, much appreciated.
--
~misfit~

---

The Flash

Chances are it is a limited liability company. However its trading name may
be significantly different.

What is the trading name?

"~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
news:NbK0b.121706$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "me here" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:mnG0b.12683$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.companies.govt.nz and use the "Current Name Search" or the
> > "Director, Shareholder or Address Search"
> >
> > Be aware the menu on the left hand side forces the cursor to a text
> > cursor and is quite confusing the first few times.

> Thanks for that Gavin. It seems the business I want to find out about

isn't
> a company. I just want to know who owns it.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~
>

> > ~misfit~ wrote:
> > > Sorry for the OT post but this is the only nz group I frequent that

has
> > > large volume of traffic and a lot of knowledgable people in it. (With

> one
> > > obvious exception)
> > >
> > > I need to know who owns a particular business in NZ and, after an hour

> on
> > > google, am at a loss. Can anyone help me please?
> > >
> > > And, if you feel the need, flame away.....
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > --
> > > ~misfit~
> > >

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

MarkH

"~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in
news:kfK0b.121709$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks for that. It didn't help me though
>
> I'm just trying to find out the name of owner of a privately owned
> company.

So is it a company? Or is it a name that someone is trading as?

Anyone can make up a name and call their business that, no need to register
it anywhere. Why donít you tell us the name, maybe someone knows the
answer to your question.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"