Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > taiwan

Reply
Thread Tools

taiwan

 
 
Dan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003
Taiwan broadband penetration reaches 35%
Jill Lai, Taipei; Chinmei Sung, DigiTimes.com [Monday 18 August 2003]


Advertisement


One in every three households in Taiwan has a broadband Internet
connection, according to an estimate from the Taiwan-based Market
Intelligence Center (MIC).

A total of 2.45 million households have signed up for broadband
Internet service as of the end of the first half of this year,
representing 35.5% of 6.9 million households in Taiwan. XDSL is the
most preferred choice, with 2.2 million households. Cable modem
connections totaled 250,000 households, MIC added.

On the other hand, about 120,000 subscribers discontinued 56K modem
connections during the second quarter of this year, ending the first
half with 4.68 million dial-up Internet subscribers.

Taiwan’s total population is over 23 million. The research center
expects that broadband penetration in Taiwan will reach 40% by
year-end.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Antoine Arnauld
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003
Dan allegedly said:

> Taiwan broadband penetration reaches 35%
> Jill Lai, Taipei; Chinmei Sung, DigiTimes.com [Monday 18 August 2003]
>
> One in every three households in Taiwan has a broadband Internet
> connection, according to an estimate from the Taiwan-based Market
> Intelligence Center (MIC).
>
> A total of 2.45 million households have signed up for broadband
> Internet service as of the end of the first half of this year,
> representing 35.5% of 6.9 million households in Taiwan. XDSL is the
> most preferred choice, with 2.2 million households. Cable modem
> connections totaled 250,000 households, MIC added.
>
> On the other hand, about 120,000 subscribers discontinued 56K modem
> connections during the second quarter of this year, ending the first
> half with 4.68 million dial-up Internet subscribers.
>
> Taiwan’s total population is over 23 million. The research center
> expects that broadband penetration in Taiwan will reach 40% by
> year-end.


If Taiwan is like Korea, then the regulatory environment has mandated cheap,
ubiquitous broadband.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=cac...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"Although the report identifies several factors that have led to
near-universal broadband adoption in South Korea, including the nation's
geography, where a few, dense cities have most of the population, the "take
home" lesson comes from South Korea's regulator, which supported
competition while also subsidizing broadband buildouts. The report notes,
"the Bell companies say they have no incentive to invest capital in
broadband networks they would have to share. The [U.S.] government could
overcome this objection by supporting the cost of further infrastructure
investments, while requiring sharing of networks."


In Korea, the government telco has got broadband to about 85%
penetration....to the point where ISDN is being withdrawn as a service. The
only country in the Asia Pacific region to withdraw it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
T.N.O
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2003
"Dan" wrote
> One in every three households in Taiwan has a broadband Internet
> connection


and 75% of them are compromised and sending spam/launching DDOS every second
of every day.


 
Reply With Quote
 
TufCookie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2003
"Dan" wrote
> One in every three households in Taiwan has a broadband Internet
> connection


"T.N.O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> and 75% of them are compromised and sending spam/launching DDOS every

second
> of every day.


Sour grapes


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cisco 2600 T1 gw with Taiwan fxs gw behind dmz optimus Cisco 0 02-22-2004 05:13 AM
SIPPhone over Taiwan and USA T.T. VOIP 6 02-06-2004 05:15 PM
taiwan fxs gw with cisco t1 gw optimus Cisco 0 01-28-2004 02:07 AM
taiwan fxs gw with cisco T1 , call cannot be made optimus Cisco 5 01-27-2004 02:14 AM
SIP Termination in Taiwan and Australia? John Sutter VOIP 1 07-20-2003 02:50 AM



Advertisments