Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > AOC monitor question

AOC monitor question

Patrick Bold

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhpl90$12b$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Patrick Bold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "Robert Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

intending to

> > people

the

> > get

> > > Well I know of 2 that were sent back one chap went for a Sony the

> > other a LCD
> > > screen..
> > >
> > > All posted here..
> > >

> > Two, ok. Out of how many?
> >

> I was the one who sent one back and replaced with the Sony. The

problem was
> the right hand side of the screen had an alignment problem that could

not be
> fixed. E.G a top to bottom of screen window when showed on the left

side of
> screen looked fine. But drag it to the right side of the screen and

and the
> aspect was way out edges were no longer straight etc.

I don't own an AOC monitor myself. But reviews have generally been very
complimentary about them when it comes to bang-for-buck. You may be
pickier than a lot of buyers -- lack of a perfectly straight edge along
one side obviously annoyed you enough to spend the extra money for a
SONY, and that's fine, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there
who would think that was foolish. A top-of-the-line Sony is an
oustanding monitor. But to be operfectly honest, the cheap ones don't
look any better to me than a good Viewsonic, Samsung, or AOC. That's
just my opinion, of course, and I wouldn't urge anyone to bet their
hard-earned money on it -- I'm no more an expert than anyone else here.
Best thing you can do, I think, is compare the specs, look for
test-based reviews, and then just go have a look -- at the monitors and
at your budget.

Craig Sutton

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The latest APC mag just out has a review of a number of monitors, but
> they didn't give the AOC one a good review, which surprised me after
> all the positive comments I have seen about them here.

What were the comments they made?

Robert Mathews

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:12:09 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The latest APC mag just out has a review of a number of monitors, but
>they didn't give the AOC one a good review, which surprised me after
>all the positive comments I have seen about them here.

But what do you expect from teenagers that work for McDonalds..

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
><misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>A friend is buying an AOC 17" monitor tomorrow. He is intending to get the
>>AOC 7F but I see that the AOC 7Klr is only $11 dearer. What do people here
>>have and is there any advantage to the dearer one? (Other than the higher
>>resolution which he won't be using).
>>
>>Thanks,

GraB

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:28:59 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> The latest APC mag just out has a review of a number of monitors, but
>> they didn't give the AOC one a good review, which surprised me after
>> all the positive comments I have seen about them here.
>>

>What were the comments they made?

I don't remember exactly, I haven't bought it yet, no money.

GraB

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:22:48 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:28:59 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> The latest APC mag just out has a review of a number of monitors, but
>>> they didn't give the AOC one a good review, which surprised me after
>>> all the positive comments I have seen about them here.
>>>

>>What were the comments they made?
>>

>I don't remember exactly, I haven't bought it yet, no money.

But I will. It has DriveImage 5, full version for free on the CD.

Invisible

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:54:03 +1200, Robert Mathews <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:12:09 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The latest APC mag just out has a review of a number of monitors, but
>>they didn't give the AOC one a good review, which surprised me after
>>all the positive comments I have seen about them here.

>But what do you expect from teenagers that work for McDonalds..

WTF? YOU were recommending these not too long ago - changed your mind alzheimer
man?

John Hornblow

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
Tell your friend to be even less tight and get the 7Klr in Black /
Silver

Its a big chunck of beige to look at , the silver one looks cool

john

~misfit~

"John Hornblow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> Tell your friend to be even less tight and get the 7Klr in Black /
> Silver
>
> Its a big chunck of beige to look at , the silver one looks cool

I was hoping you'd reply John, I remember a post from you about your new AOC
monitor. So you're still pleased with it?
--
~misfit~

---

John Hornblow

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:54:59 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Yerr, its great, I do recommend the silve & black model, it looks much
smarter .
Strangly XP doesnt recognise it but Win98 did !

www.pp.co.nz had one in stock in under 50 hours.

>"John Hornblow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>> Tell your friend to be even less tight and get the 7Klr in Black /
>> Silver
>>
>> Its a big chunck of beige to look at , the silver one looks cool

>I was hoping you'd reply John, I remember a post from you about your new AOC
>monitor. So you're still pleased with it?

John Hornblow

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:54:59 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:

not a very techo reply!

The onscreen display / toggle is great.
Resoultion is very good, oh so fine after my second hand 15 compaq
monitor...

Three year onsite warranty , great to have
It was a bit smelly for the first 2 days as it 'toasted' the coatings
on the tube and curcuits...

Why spend extra money on a LCD display, all the dust is going to do is
fall on the space behind the LCD on your desk rather then on top of
the CRT monitor!

>"John Hornblow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>> Tell your friend to be even less tight and get the 7Klr in Black /
>> Silver
>>
>> Its a big chunck of beige to look at , the silver one looks cool

>I was hoping you'd reply John, I remember a post from you about your new AOC
>monitor. So you're still pleased with it?

AOC 19" LCD - Comments Please Mackin NZ Computing 19 07-09-2005 04:56 AM
Cheap 17" LCD Monitors (AOC. CMV etc.) Daniel NZ Computing 4 11-11-2004 08:45 PM
19" monitors- Mag or AOC? Dane NZ Computing 5 11-23-2003 10:28 PM
AOC monitors samg NZ Computing 58 11-12-2003 04:42 AM
LCD monitor - AOC LM-720 1280x1024 Evil Bastard NZ Computing 1 11-10-2003 11:59 PM

Advertisments