Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is the SCO Linux licence programme suspended?

Is the SCO Linux licence programme suspended?

pbs

A REPORT ON slashdot.org claims that the SCO

: License program "suspended until further notice"
: by MichaelCrawford (610140) on Monday August 11, @07:20PM
[snip]
: I explained that I had several linux systems, and that I understood
: there were some intellectual property issues, so I wanted to be sure
: to be covered.
:
: The helpful and polite lady on the phone told me that the license
: program had been "suspended until further notice". She said she was
: pretty sure it had to do with the lawsuit.

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=74394&cid=6670704

Dave Uhring

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:12:19 +1200, pbs wrote:

> A REPORT ON slashdot.org claims that the SCO
>
> : License program "suspended until further notice"
> : by MichaelCrawford (610140) on Monday August 11, @07:20PM

Why post this nonsense? Were you planning to buy that license?

m00se

Dave Uhring wrote:

> Why post this nonsense? Were you planning to buy that license?

It seems its valid enough for you to reply to.

Jonathan Buzzard

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Dave Uhring <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:12:19 +1200, pbs wrote:
>
>> A REPORT ON slashdot.org claims that the SCO
>>
>> : License program "suspended until further notice"
>> : by MichaelCrawford (610140) on Monday August 11, @07:20PM

> Why post this nonsense? Were you planning to buy that license?

Because it is relevant to the whole ongoing SCO mess.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard Email: jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom. Tel: +44 1661-832195

pbs

pbs wrote:
> A REPORT ON slashdot.org claims that the SCO
>
> : License program "suspended until further notice"
> : by MichaelCrawford (610140) on Monday August 11, @07:20PM
> [snip]
> : I explained that I had several linux systems, and that I understood
> : there were some intellectual property issues, so I wanted to be sure
> : to be covered.
> :
> : The helpful and polite lady on the phone told me that the license
> : program had been "suspended until further notice". She said she was
> : pretty sure it had to do with the lawsuit.
>
> http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=74394&cid=6670704

SCO denies pulling Linux licensing (14 Aug)
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...588501364.html

nolo

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:10:46 +1200, m00se wrote:

> Dave Uhring wrote:
>>
>> Why post this nonsense? Were you planning to buy that license?
>>

> It seems its valid enough for you to reply to.

There's a sucker born every minute...