Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone here been affected by the latest worm?

Anyone here been affected by the latest worm?

GraB

Win98SE user would be interested to know.

Nicholas Sherlock

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win98SE user would be interested to know.

It can't infect Win98 machines.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

dOTdASH

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win98SE user would be interested to know.

No, I applied the patch a few days after it was released. What's more I made
sure my friends and customers did too so now they luff me

Starting next week I'm going to start cold calling customers of my
competitors and ask them how well their current IT services supplier did in
warning them beforehand. Money for jam

cowboyz

yep. I got it. it was about 2 hours inconvience while I downloaded the
patch and installed it and found a virus killer to kill it. No big deal
really.

--
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win98SE user would be interested to know.

Russell Smithies

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhe88v$475$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yep. I got it. it was about 2 hours inconvience while I downloaded the
> patch and installed it and found a virus killer to kill it. No big deal
> really.
>

> --
> "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
>
> "GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Win98SE user would be interested to know.

I got it about a week ago.
At that time, no-one new what it was so I thought it was a REAL bug and
re-installed XP.
Imagine how ****ed off I was when I discovered the problem was still there

Cured now though

Russell

Rob

"Gavin Tunney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:49:09 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Win98SE user would be interested to know.

> I'd be interested in knowing if it affects those behind a NAT router.
> Can't see how it could get through one, but RPC has so many
> dependencies anything seems possible with it.

'Aint seen hide nor hair of it behind my netgear router

lily

Robert Mathews wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:49:09 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Win98SE user would be interested to know.

> Only if you are a Idiot..

Its easy to spot the weal woger <plonk>

Robert Mathews

Robert Mathews wrote:
> Only if you are a Idiot..

So you got hit pretty hard then, huh ?

SteveM

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gavin Tunney) wrote in news:3f3abfef.6707850
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:49:09 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Win98SE user would be interested to know.

> I'd be interested in knowing if it affects those behind a NAT router.
> Can't see how it could get through one, but RPC has so many
> dependencies anything seems possible with it.
>
> I'd also be interested in some explanations as to why this was able to
> happen on default installations of Windows. Obviously something was
> enabled which shouldn't have been. It's one thing to get worms like
> this through misconfiguration by a user, but a bad config out of the
> box is pretty poor.
>
> Gavin

No problem with 3 comps behind a Nokia M11.

SteveM

Henry Sidgwick

GraB allegedly said:

> Win98SE user would be interested to know.

Win95/98/SE/ME and Linux/*BSD/MacOS/BeOS

.....are not affected.

Just the new MS OSes are affected.

The ones they created after security became a major concern.