Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Access rights in XP

Access rights in XP

Bryan McNally

On a windows XP machine with 4 users, how do I prevent one of the users
running a specific program. I know you can set up something in the
administrative policies but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there a web
site that has any directions?

SNOman

news:bhe54p$20o$(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:
> >On a windows XP machine with 4 users, how do I prevent one of the users
> >running a specific program. I know you can set up something in the
> >administrative policies but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there a web
> >site that has any directions?
> >

> Right-click on the offending file. Choose properties. Go to the
> Security tab, and select the username you wish to block. Tick the Deny
> box next to the Execute privilege.
> Bingo, run permission denied.

Assuming that the file is on an NTFS partiton of course

Access Rights to Word Template cbanks@bjtsupport.com ASP .Net 0 11-09-2005 09:46 PM
Client Access Rights Blaze MCSE 5 02-25-2005 08:33 PM
manage page access rights Markus Stehle ASP .Net 1 08-04-2004 09:19 PM
Required rights to connect to access db Paul ASP .Net 5 08-29-2003 04:52 PM

Advertisments