Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > smart worm?

smart worm?

Nathan Mercer

"Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >Is someone holding a gun to your head, making you use your computer?

> When you cannot defend the indefensible , in this case the evil of
> palladium, that is the sort of crap spin doctors for micro$oft are
> instructed to use

Thanks for your contribution.

You can't have it both ways. You complain about security on one hand, and
then when Microsoft comes up with a way to create a secure computer with the
NGSCB Next Generation Secure Computing Base www.microsoft.com/ngscb you get
paranoid about it. Microsoft could make your Windows really really secure,
but then you couldn't run (m)any apps. Which way do you want it?

If you want to run a secure computer why don't you turn it off, put it in a
lead safe and bury it in the ground. Then it will never get hacked.

Patrick FitzGerald

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:47:57 +1200, "Nathan Mercer"
<nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

>If you want to run a secure computer why don't you turn it off, put it in a
>lead safe and bury it in the ground. Then it will never get hacked.

Nathan Hackers are a small worry compared to Microsoft.

The biggest worry is the evil plot of Micro$oft to make US the
UNTRUSTED people in our OWN computers

Apart from the sheer evil of Palladium the track record of Microsoft
frequently patching up security holes proves that they cannot be
trusted with that power

Patrick

Patrick FitzGerald

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:47:57 +1200, "Nathan Mercer"
<nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

>If you want to run a secure computer why don't you turn it off, put it in a
>lead safe and bury it in the ground. Then it will never get hacked.

Nathan Hackers are a small worry compared to Microsoft.

The biggest worry is the evil plot of Micro$oft to make US the
UNTRUSTED people in our OWN computers

Apart from the sheer evil of Palladium the track record of Microsoft
frequently patching up security holes proves that they cannot be
trusted with that power

Patrick

Patrick FitzGerald

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:05:01 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The latest MS EULAs pretty much make things so that it is not YOUR
>computer anymore.

Iif ever microsoft get away with their nasty palladium plan they will
have no need for EULAS.

They will decide when you can use your computer and what programs you
can run on it

Patrick

Lennier

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:18:59 +0000, Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

> When Micro$oft eventually installs Palladium that same Palladiym will give
> micro$oft admin level access to my machine remotely and execute arbitrary
> code. and MY PC will not be my PC anymore

So...

Trash Windows and install RedHat or Mandrake - that way you'll never ever
again have to deal with a compromised Windows system.

Lennier