Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Deleted Mail returns after reboot of exchange

Deleted Mail returns after reboot of exchange

Matthew Strickland

Hi all,

Has anyone ever suffered deleted emails appearing back in your inbox after
reboot of an exchange server?
This happens for the odd user on our network, seems random each time.
Also what is strange, another remote user of exchange used pop
authentication (emails downloaded and deleted when checked) - however a new
PC was setup, new config (still pop) - and all emails returned for a prior
12 months! - took an hour over a capped DSL link to download.

Is there a setting in exchange incorrect? - Googling isnt saving me this
time.

Matt

Nathan Mercer

"Matthew Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsbc_a.114280$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone ever suffered deleted emails appearing back in your inbox after
> reboot of an exchange server?
> This happens for the odd user on our network, seems random each time.
> Also what is strange, another remote user of exchange used pop
> authentication (emails downloaded and deleted when checked) - however a

new
> PC was setup, new config (still pop) - and all emails returned for a prior
> 12 months! - took an hour over a capped DSL link to download.
>
> Is there a setting in exchange incorrect? - Googling isnt saving me this
> time.

Sounds like your mailer isn't set to delete messages via POP3 after they've
been downloaded