Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Pic of Quiet PC Hood (as promised)

Re: Pic of Quiet PC Hood (as promised)

Howard

Evil Bastard wrote:
> Hi again all,
>
> As promised yesterday, I've got new batteries in the camera and am
> able now to post a pic of the acoustic enclosure I built for my PCs.
>
> Photo data appears as bas64-encoded JPG file at end of this message
>
> Cheers
> EB
>
> Base64 for file acoustic-hood.jpg follows:

<base64 chars snipped>

I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I know
there are online base64 converters, which work for me on converting base64
email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem to use those to produce a
jpeg.

Can anyone tell me how?

colinco

In article <0Z%Za.113638$(E-Mail Removed)>, Howard wrote...
> I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I know
> there are online base64 converters, which work for me on converting base64
> email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem to use those to produce a
> jpeg.
>
> Can anyone tell me how?

Winzip can do it

Howard

colinco wrote:
> In article <0Z%Za.113638$(E-Mail Removed)>, Howard wrote...
>> I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I
>> know there are online base64 converters, which work for me on
>> converting base64 email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem
>> to use those to produce a jpeg.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how?
>>

> Winzip can do it

How? Base64 doesn't appear in the winzip help file. I selected the encoded
material from the OP and saved into a file named base64.zip and tried to
open that in winzip - no go.

So, can anyone tell me how?

colinco

In article <W73_a.113835$(E-Mail Removed)>, Howard wrote...
> How? Base64 doesn't appear in the winzip help file.

It does if you look under "Decoding email attachments"

colinco

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, john wrote...
> Perhaps you could be more explicit than the winzip help.
> For instance, what do you save the base64 text in the
> message as, for winzip to recognise it?
>
> ta
> John

Perhaps winzip needs jpgs

1. Highlight the message (DO NOT open it; large messages are not
handled well by MSMail)
2. Select Save As from the File menu item,
3. Enter a file name using .UUE as the extension; for example:
FILENAME.UUE.

Copyright 1991-2001 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

john

colinco wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, john wrote...
> > Perhaps you could be more explicit than the winzip help.
> > For instance, what do you save the base64 text in the
> > message as, for winzip to recognise it?
> >
> > ta
> > John
> >

> Perhaps winzip needs jpgs
>
> 1. Highlight the message (DO NOT open it; large messages are not
> handled well by MSMail)
> 2. Select Save As from the File menu item,
> 3. Enter a file name using .UUE as the extension; for example:
> FILENAME.UUE.
>
> Copyright 1991-2001 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

Well that wasn't too hard, was it?
Never mentioned installing quikview, though!

After all that, let it be said that the original poster's closest
encounter with quality woodwork, might possibly have been a Tui crate!

Pretty it ain't!

John