Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > yoper?

yoper?

Sting

anyone tried yoper?

Evil Bastard

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:51:08 +1200, Stin wrote:

> anyone tried yoper?

I use Debian.

What's 'yoper'

And for that matter, what's RedHat? Mandrake? ...

Jeremy Bentham

Sting allegedly said:

> anyone tried yoper?

Yep. It works.

Install isn't as polioshed as the main commercial distribution (RH, MDK,
SuSE)......but as good as Debian....if not slightly better.

Once it's running....it's Linux.

Being an NZ-based distribution, it's certainly worth a look.

Evil Bastard

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:24:43 +1200, lily wrote:

> Contributers to the archive you use, sponsors of kernel developers etc.
> No need to be a one-eyed bigot, just because you like your particular
> flavour of free lunch.

Hey wait a minute there!

1) I'm not knocking Mandrake, RH etc - I was just sharing my deep
satisfaction with Debian

> You didn't make it.

2) Yes, I do enjoy a free lunch, but you'll also find me there helping
make the salads, baking the pies and washing the plates. In other words, I
enjoy using free software, but I also contribute quite a bit of free
software of my own authorship.

So before flaming me in future, please first insert your assumptions into
a place noted for profound lack of solar radiation, because they may well
be wrong.

Kind regards
EB