Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > driver for 2k xp for Pinnacle microVIDEO PCTV (tv tuner)

driver for 2k xp for Pinnacle microVIDEO PCTV (tv tuner)

Daniel Farley

Hey, i got given one of these card managed to find a driver for 95 and get
it going under 95. But im atchaly normaly running windows 2003 RC2 server
on my desktop @ da mo. And would like a driver that would work wiht that.

Thanks Daniel

James McLaughlin

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:17:24 +1200, "Daniel Farley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey, i got given one of these card managed to find a driver for 95 and get
>it going under 95. But im atchaly normaly running windows 2003 RC2 server
>on my desktop @ da mo. And would like a driver that would work wiht that.
>
>Thanks Daniel

Here are the products listed on the Pinnacle website:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?langue_id=7

I can't tell if you have Win XP or 2000.

I haven't checked for a couple fo months, but their forums were full
of complaints about the fact that they refuse to write drivers for Win
XP (at least, that was case with the PCTV Pro, which I have).

Do some searching on their forums, but don't get your hopes up. My
knowledge on all of this is from a while ago, but they really gave the
impression of being one of those companies that couldn't care less.

Good luck.
James

Daniel Farley

PCTV 5.50 Patch (5/2/2003) 55 MB
5.50

Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP
This patch updates version 5.xx of the Studio PCTV PCI CD to version 5.50.
Do not run this patch on previous ...more info

This looks hopfull but i think the verson of Studio PCTV i have is v3 (cant
cheak right @ da mo)

So if you have verson 5 and could give me a copy that would be great.

DAniel

"James McLaughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:17:24 +1200, "Daniel Farley"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hey, i got given one of these card managed to find a driver for 95 and

get
> >it going under 95. But im atchaly normaly running windows 2003 RC2

server
> >on my desktop @ da mo. And would like a driver that would work wiht

that.

> >Thanks Daniel

> Here are the products listed on the Pinnacle website:
>
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?langue_id=7
>
> I can't tell if you have Win XP or 2000.
>
> I haven't checked for a couple fo months, but their forums were full
> of complaints about the fact that they refuse to write drivers for Win
> XP (at least, that was case with the PCTV Pro, which I have).
>
> Do some searching on their forums, but don't get your hopes up. My
> knowledge on all of this is from a while ago, but they really gave the
> impression of being one of those companies that couldn't care less.
>
> Good luck.
> James

James McLaughlin

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:28:21 +1200, "Daniel Farley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PCTV 5.50 Patch (5/2/2003) 55 MB
>5.50
>
> Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP
>This patch updates version 5.xx of the Studio PCTV PCI CD to version 5.50.
>Do not run this patch on previous ...more info
>

>This looks hopfull but i think the verson of Studio PCTV i have is v3 (cant
>cheak right @ da mo)
>
>So if you have verson 5 and could give me a copy that would be great.
>
>DAniel

Sorry, I've been pretty busy.

Send me an e-mail. Remove the spam block.

Bye,
James

Re: Pinnacle PCTV/Vision pctvassi.exe issue Horst Tamm Computer Support 0 08-21-2004 08:49 AM
Pinnacle PCTV Pro/Vision pctvassi.exe issue. DD Computer Support 1 08-18-2004 06:55 PM
Pinnacle PCTV Spider Computer Support 0 08-08-2004 03:51 PM
Pinnacle Studio PCTV Rave problem Bryan Henderson Computer Support 1 12-22-2003 01:38 AM
Pinnacle PCTV Rave Bodysnatcher Computer Support 9 07-12-2003 11:02 PM

Advertisments