Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > info wanted on how to make a mail server on ms xp home mach

info wanted on how to make a mail server on ms xp home mach

Rob King

"goneill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f321635$(E-Mail Removed)...
> At work we have just switched to a new domain and I got handed the job
> of setting up the email .
> They want each machine in the network to have an email each.
> 1st tests showed that a mail server is needed to download the emails then
> distribute
> to each machine (4 others)
> How do you configure a machine to do this or point to a site(s) that give
> instructions

Check out Kerio MailServer (www.kerio.com). Dead simple to setup. I used
to use MDaemon but gave that up as I found it had a cluttered interface.
Kerio is nice and clean. It also integrates nicely with their Firewall
product (good if you're looking at sharing an internet connection at a later
stage).

If you want a freebie server, then check out Mercury/32 from
www.pmail.gen.nz

BTW, both do POP mail downloads and redistributions.

Chris Mayhew

"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:b_IYa.10028$(E-Mail Removed):

>> You might like to look at:
>> http://www.pmail.com/
>> They have a mail server called Mercury, there are 2 good news groups,
>> the software is free but you can buy printed manuals (which gives you
>> tech support) and it is written in NZ.
>>
>> --
>> Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

> Mitel SME (aka E-Smith) running on a low-mid spec pentium)
> The e-mail retrieval mode can be set to standard
> (for dedicated Internet connections), ETRN
> (recommended for dialup connections), or multi-drop
> (for dialup connections if ETRN is not supported by your
> Internet provider).
>
> Linux and free for the downloading.
> Support available if required (at a price)

Well Fred the Fish has Mercury running on a 486, so there

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

Mach TA VHDL_lover VHDL 0 02-08-2005 02:57 AM
ruby interpreter as mach kernel server (beside bsd) zuzu Ruby 20 07-13-2004 09:38 AM

Advertisments