Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Jetstream pricing soon?

Reply
Thread Tools

New Jetstream pricing soon?

 
 
Uncle StoatWarbler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2003
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:59:08 +1200, bt wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:17:43 +1200, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Well, we're in the list, just not one of the worst ones. I've always thought
>>that corruption is the son of regulation, as bribes are paid to get around
>>the regulation which is creating the black market.
>>
>>NZ can only get worse on the corruption tables as we get more and more
>>interference in our lives by the pollies.

>
> Crap.
>
> Corruption is far more prevalent in commerce.


The corruption league tables only count govt corruption, not private sector.

They also don't use uniform definitions of corruption. Most other
countries (especially the ones at the tope of the league table) would
define the "fraud" cases as corruption ones and prosecute damned hard, vs
the slap on the wrist with a damp bus ticket meted out to the DSW staff
selling data to PIs a few years ago.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bret
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2003
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"mnm snr" wrote
>| now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
>| to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
>|
>| something to do with xbox sales.
>
>same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
>
>I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told, and
>I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
>


I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mnm snr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2003

now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).

something to do with xbox sales.







On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:42:51 +1200, Ali P wrote:

> I see Telecom is advertising for more Jestream customer service reps...
> http://telecomnz.snaphire.com/safeli...=5233143y2k1t&
>
> I wonder if this means a price change is imminent and hence the need for
> more support staff to look after the new customers. Or maybe I'm reading
> too much into it.
>
> There was talk of some new pricing due around about now.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Who is this
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-08-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"mnm snr" wrote
> >| now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
> >| to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
> >|
> >| something to do with xbox sales.
> >
> >same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
> >
> >I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told, and
> >I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
> >

>
> I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.


Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
now and then.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-08-2003
Who is this wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >"mnm snr" wrote
>> >| now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were
>> >| negotiating to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
>> >|
>> >| something to do with xbox sales.
>> >
>> >same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
>> >
>> >I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told,
>> >and I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
>> >

>>
>> I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.

>
> Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
> whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
> is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
> for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
> now and then.


Is this the winter rollout they were talking about in March?
November 2004?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Woolfie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2003
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>colinco wrote:
>
>> In article <bgr29e$rfape$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, Jay wrote...
>>> Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
>>> much into it.
>>>

>> That's all right, we aren't looking for an international perspective.

>
>Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.
>
>That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
>And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.


Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.
 
Reply With Quote
 
back again
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2003
Woolfie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
> From: Woolfie <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: nz.comp
>
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>colinco wrote:
>>
>>> In article <bgr29e$rfape$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, Jay wrote...
>>>> Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
>>>> much into it.
>>>>
>>> That's all right, we aren't looking for an international perspective.

>>
>>Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.
>>
>>That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
>>And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.

>
> Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.



Jay does sound like the sort of person most kiwis would rapidly find less
than amusing. Unfortunately he hasn't put two and two together.
 
Reply With Quote
 
back again
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2003
Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bh2h2v$snq2o$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
> From: Jay <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: nz.comp
>
> back again wrote:
>
>> Woolfie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
>>> From: Woolfie <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Newsgroups: nz.comp
>>>
>>> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>colinco wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> In article <bgr29e$rfape$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, Jay
>>>>> wrote...
>>>>>> Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
>>>>>> much into it.
>>>>>>
>>>>> That's all right, we aren't looking for an international
>>>>> perspective.
>>>>
>>>>Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.
>>>>
>>>>That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
>>>>And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.
>>>
>>> Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.

>>
>>
>> Jay does sound like the sort of person most kiwis would rapidly find
>> less than amusing. Unfortunately he hasn't put two and two together.

>
> Two and two together is twotwo.
> So I have done that and therefore you are wrong.



heh. you might be an arsehole. but at least you have a sense of humour.
 
Reply With Quote
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2003
Who is this <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>>
>> I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.

>
>Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
>whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
>is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
>for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
>now and then.


Really???? Here in Auckland and the rest of the country??? Unless
they get cable laying soon November will be here..
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOIP development software/SDK - New updates and lower OEM pricing LanScape Sales Staff VOIP 1 11-04-2010 09:51 PM
VOIP development software/SDK - New updates and lower OEM pricing LanScape Sales Staff VOIP 0 12-05-2004 02:45 PM
UK pricing and availability plus other info of new Nikons Ian Burley Digital Photography 0 09-17-2004 09:20 AM
Re: new DSL pricing T.N.O. NZ Computing 3 08-25-2003 12:03 AM
Re: new DSL pricing Jay NZ Computing 2 08-24-2003 10:26 PM



Advertisments