Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: All the Lunix users, have you got you License..?

Re: All the Lunix users, have you got you License..?

Robert Mathews

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
>

>> Lunix is no longer free.
>>

>German courts disagree with you.
>
>SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
>Similar cases are pending in other countries.
>
>Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

and the SCO fought back, the article stated that is getting very dirty.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
>

>> Lunix is no longer free.
>>

>German courts disagree with you.
>
>SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
>Similar cases are pending in other countries.
>
>Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

Have a Read

http://news.com.com/2100-1001_3-5060134.html?tag=fd_top

Herman Wouk

Robert Mathews allegedly said:

> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
>>

>>> Lunix is no longer free.
>>>

>>German courts disagree with you.
>>
>>SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
>>Similar cases are pending in other countries.
>>
>>Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

> Have a Read
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1001_3-5060134.html?tag=fd_top

Irrelevant. SCO has refused every step of the way to provide any proof of
their claims.

Just like President Bush.

Lying is "in" in America among the crooks...and SCO is a crook.

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:

> Lunix is no longer free.

German courts disagree with you.

SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
Similar cases are pending in other countries.

Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

Matthew Poole

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert Mathews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

*SNIP*
>and the SCO fought back, the article stated that is getting very dirty.

ROTFL. SCO are aiming squarely at both feet with a mortar. McBride's
comment - "Red Hat's lawsuit confirms what we've been saying all
along--Linux developers are either unable or unwilling to screen the
code" that goes into the Linux kernel, McBride said. "Red Hat is selling
Linux that contains verbatim and obfuscated code from Unix System 5." -
is a load of ****. Nobody KNOWS what the infringing code is, except
possibly for SCO if there actually is infringing code, so how can they
screen it?

SCO are boned no matter which way this falls. They're claiming that 2.2
is non-infringing, but that 2.4 is. 2.4 is a substantial (like, most of
it) derivative of 2.2, and the GPL says that they can't revoke that
status. If 2.2 was clean, then 2.4 inherits that cleanliness, and 2.5
inherits from 2.4.
And once IBM weigh in, SCO can't afford enough lawyers (even though most
of the staff are lawyers, which really says it all) to read the briefs
that they will file.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Mark Harris

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:04:39 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew Poole)
wrote:
[snip]
>SCO are boned no matter which way this falls.

[...]
>And once IBM weigh in, SCO can't afford enough lawyers (even though most
>of the staff are lawyers, which really says it all) to read the briefs
>that they will file.

My colleague showed me a graph of the relative stock prices (sorry,
didn't get the URL) for the last week. It's interesting seeing the
hour by hour record and then correlating it with the various press
releases

SCO are screwed, yup.

mark
--
"Someone's been mean to you! Tell me who it is, so I can punch him tastefully."
- Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse

Peter

this quote is from Mark Harris of Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:33 :

> My colleague showed me a graph of the relative stock prices (sorry,
> didn't get the URL) for the last week. It's interesting seeing the
> hour by hour record and then correlating it with the various press
> releases
>
> SCO are screwed, yup.

Oh, what a coincidence, the SCO managers sold their stock recently, with
personal profits of $million$. Weren't they "lucky" to sell out before the
price crashed?
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5057033.html

What scum!

Peter