Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: All the Lunix users, have you got you License..?

Re: All the Lunix users, have you got you License..?

GraB

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lunix is no longer free.
>

>"SCO will be offering an introductory license price of $699 for a single CPU
>system through October 15th, 2003. Pricing for multiple CPU systems, single
>CPU add-ons, desktop systems and embedded systems will also be available.
>Linux users who are interested in additional information or purchasing an IP
>License for Linux should contact their local SCO sales representative or call
>SCO at 1-800-726-8649 or visit our web site."
>

>Time to move on to the Cheaper MS stuff.

What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

T.N.O

"GraB" wrote
| What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

errr, Linus... not Linux

lily

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

"SCO are full of it"
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...ey/6448468.htm

madknoxie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

He said something that made me laugh... I can't find it anymore but it
something along the lines of comparing the entire fiasco to a Jerry
Springer show. Someone might be able to post a link here for it.

--
madknoxie

GraB

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:55:41 +1200, "T.N.O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"GraB" wrote
>| What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?
>
>errr, Linus... not Linux

Yes, I know, that was just a coincidental typo.

Matthew Poole

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, madknoxie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

>He said something that made me laugh... I can't find it anymore but it
>something along the lines of comparing the entire fiasco to a Jerry
>Springer show. Someone might be able to post a link here for it.

http://www.computerworld.
com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,81695,00.html

The exact quote is: "Quite frankly, I found it mostly interesting in a
'Jerry Springer' kind of way. White trash battling it out in public,
throwing chairs at each other. SCO crying about IBM's other women. ...
Fairly entertaining,"

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Mainlander

In article <Mu5Ya.9588$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> GraB allegedly said:
>
> > What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

> He says it's ****.
>
> SCO released linux source code under the GPL...and under the GPL, you can't
> take it back.
>
> This is nothing more than a Microsoft-funded FUD campaign against Linux.
> They worked on a deal for months - MS inked it and handed over the cash -
> and within days SCO was raising Hell.

Says who?

Jay

Mainlander wrote:

> In article <Mu5Ya.9588$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> GraB allegedly said:
>>
>> > What does Linux Torvalds say on all the SCO stuff?

>> He says it's ****.
>>
>> SCO released linux source code under the GPL...and under the GPL, you
>> can't take it back.
>>
>> This is nothing more than a Microsoft-funded FUD campaign against Linux.
>> They worked on a deal for months - MS inked it and handed over the cash -
>> and within days SCO was raising Hell.

> Says who?

SCO and Microsoft.

Mainlander

In article <bgsqtn$s3vvi$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Mainlander wrote:
>
> > In article <Mu5Ya.9588$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...

> >> He says it's ****.
> >>
> >> SCO released linux source code under the GPL...and under the GPL, you
> >> can't take it back.
> >>
> >> This is nothing more than a Microsoft-funded FUD campaign against Linux.
> >> They worked on a deal for months - MS inked it and handed over the cash -
> >> and within days SCO was raising Hell.

> > Says who?

> SCO and Microsoft.

Give some references.

T.N.O

"Jay" wrote
| >> This is nothing more than a Microsoft-funded FUD campaign against
Linux.

| > Says who?

| SCO and Microsoft.

errr, I doubt it.