Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xandros Linux 1.1 is released

Xandros Linux 1.1 is released

John Steinbeck

I thought some of the Photoshop 7.0 users who have been thinking of moving
to linux might apreciate this one.

I have Xandros 1.0...and it's probably the best "canned" desktop linux
around for folks who just want to install it and do 'stuff' - with linux or
Windows programs on the same system at the same time.

************************************************** **************

Xandros Desktop 1.1 Released
Xandros has released a 1.1 edition of Xandros Desktop Deluxe. Version 1.1
enhancements include:

* Support for Microsoft Office XP and Adobe Photoshop 7.0
* Mozilla communications suite 1.3.1 with spell checking and spam filtering
* OpenOffice.org office suite 1.0.3
* Evolution groupware client 1.2.4
* Enhanced hardware detection
* Intel i830/845/855 graphics drivers

Xandros Desktop Deluxe 1.1 includes a printed user guide, a Technology
Preview CD, and 30 days of e-mail installation support.

"Our engineers, QA testers, and everyone else on the Xandros team have
worked tirelessly for five years to deliver the quality products and
support expected of the world's leading Linux desktop," said Dr. Frederick
H. Berenstein, Co-Chairman of Xandros. "This new release of Xandros Desktop
demonstrates our continuing commitment to deliver the finest desktop
solutions available at any price."

Registered users of Xandros Desktop 1.0 who are looking to run Office XP and
Adobe Photoshop must purchase the full 1.1 upgrade at a cost of $39 for
registered users of Xandros Desktop Deluxe and $69 for registered users of
Xandros Desktop Standard. Please visit the Xandros store at
www.xandros.com/shopping to order the Xandros
Desktop Deluxe 1.1 or email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) to request the upgrade from
version 1.0.

GraB

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:09:12 +1200, John Steinbeck
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I thought some of the Photoshop 7.0 users who have been thinking of moving
>to linux might apreciate this one.
>
>I have Xandros 1.0...and it's probably the best "canned" desktop linux
>around for folks who just want to install it and do 'stuff' - with linux or
>Windows programs on the same system at the same time.
>
>************************************************* ***************
>
>Xandros Desktop 1.1 Released
>Xandros has released a 1.1 edition of Xandros Desktop Deluxe. Version 1.1
>enhancements include:
>
>* Support for Microsoft Office XP and Adobe Photoshop 7.0
>* Mozilla communications suite 1.3.1 with spell checking and spam filtering
>* OpenOffice.org office suite 1.0.3
>* Evolution groupware client 1.2.4
>* Enhanced hardware detection
>* Intel i830/845/855 graphics drivers
>
>Xandros Desktop Deluxe 1.1 includes a printed user guide, a Technology
>Preview CD, and 30 days of e-mail installation support.
>
>"Our engineers, QA testers, and everyone else on the Xandros team have
>worked tirelessly for five years to deliver the quality products and
>support expected of the world's leading Linux desktop," said Dr. Frederick
>H. Berenstein, Co-Chairman of Xandros. "This new release of Xandros Desktop
>demonstrates our continuing commitment to deliver the finest desktop
>solutions available at any price."
>
>Registered users of Xandros Desktop 1.0 who are looking to run Office XP and
>Adobe Photoshop must purchase the full 1.1 upgrade at a cost of $39 for
>registered users of Xandros Desktop Deluxe and $69 for registered users of
>Xandros Desktop Standard. Please visit the Xandros store at
>www.xandros.com/shopping to order the Xandros
>Desktop Deluxe 1.1 or email (E-Mail Removed) to request the upgrade from
>version 1.0.

It will be the one I will go for when I get another hard drive. But
with the re-appearance of BeOS, now called Zeta, from
www.yellowtab.com I want to give that another go too. $39 for home
edition, good hardware support and sufficient apps.