Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft not too clever

Microsoft not too clever

Disco Stu

They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
..xls format.

I think the irony escaped them.

T.N.O

"Disco Stu" wrote
| They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
| .xls format.
|
| I think the irony escaped them.

Was it for upgrading or a new purchase?

Disco Stu

A new purchase.

We will have to install Open Office to read it.

T.N.O wrote:
> "Disco Stu" wrote
> | They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> | .xls format.
> |
> | I think the irony escaped them.
>

> Was it for upgrading or a new purchase?

T.N.O

"Disco Stu" wrote
| A new purchase.
|
| We will have to install Open Office to read it.

hehe, morons.

BTW, excell viewer would be smaller if you have to download it.

Gib Bogle

Disco Stu wrote:

> A new purchase.
>
> We will have to install Open Office to read it.

Catch 22. So the Big Softie _does_ have a sense of humour.

Gib

Nathan Mercer

"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> .xls format.
>
> I think the irony escaped them.

doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

Try this in the meantime
http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe

if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
is out in 2 months

~misfit~

"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
news:d8JXa.106327$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> > .xls format.
> >
> > I think the irony escaped them.

> doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
--
~misfit~

---

Andrew

I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard
"~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
news:%VJXa.106367$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:d8JXa.106327$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> > > .xls format.
> > >
> > > I think the irony escaped them.

> > doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

> I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
> just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
> --
> ~misfit~
>

> ---

Mutley

"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

>"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
>> .xls format.
>>
>> I think the irony escaped them.

>doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.
>
>Try this in the meantime
>http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx
>http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
>
>if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
>is out in 2 months

No doubt at a hugely inflated price. With M$ WPA for Office since
Office 2K the price should be no more that about $NZ200 for a complete
new set..

~misfit~

news:w8UXa.9403$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard

That makes a lot more sense.
--
~misfit~

> "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> news:%VJXa.106367$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in

message
> > news:d8JXa.106327$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

in

> > > doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

> > I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
> > just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> > ---

---