Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: incorrect URL

Re: incorrect URL

Andrew

I would love to know if this is possible aswell... Hate the MSN search thing

"John Hornblow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> If I enter an incorrect URL in IE6 it attempts to search MSN..
> Can I change that to google in the registry?
> Anyone know the key?
> Cheers

David Hallett

news:VtlXa.9058$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would love to know if this is possible aswell... Hate the MSN search

thing

> "John Hornblow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi
> > If I enter an incorrect URL in IE6 it attempts to search MSN..
> > Can I change that to google in the registry?
> > Anyone know the key?

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
not search from the Address bar

T.N.O

"David Hallett" wrote
| Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
| not search from the Address bar

yeah thats how to disable it, but how to change it to Google rather than
MSN?

TEX

T.N.O wrote:

> "David Hallett" wrote
> | Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
> | not search from the Address bar
> |

> yeah thats how to disable it, but how to change it to Google rather than
> MSN?

IEAK from the microsoft site. There are also some tweaks on
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

TEX