Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LCD Screen Scratch

LCD Screen Scratch

Rider

I have a customer with a laptop with a scratch in it. I was wondering if you
can get these repaired anywhere or maybe the top protective layer replaced?
I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers
Rider

Daniel O'Connell

Hi,

If the pixels aren't damaged, try ArmorAll (car polish). If the pixels are
damaged, the LCD screen would need to be replaced (if it's possible with
this particular laptop model). Failing that, buy a new laptop?

HTH & GL,

Daniel O'Connell
Email: dan DOT oconnell AT paradise DOT net DOT nz

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgkgcf$qpq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a customer with a laptop with a scratch in it. I was wondering if

you
> can get these repaired anywhere or maybe the top protective layer

replaced?
> I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask anyway.
>
> Cheers
> Rider

Rider

"Daniel O'Connell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OIjXa.9046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If the pixels aren't damaged, try ArmorAll (car polish). If the pixels are
> damaged, the LCD screen would need to be replaced (if it's possible with
> this particular laptop model). Failing that, buy a new laptop?
>
> HTH & GL,
>
> Daniel O'Connell
> Email: dan DOT oconnell AT paradise DOT net DOT nz

The pixels are ok, the scratch is only on the protective outer sheet but it
is reasonably deep. I am guessing Armorall wont work on one this deep.
Cheers for the idea though.

Rider

Barry Anderson

There is some liquid stuff for CDs that is supposed to fill and repair the
scratches on them even if the scratches are quite severe. Should be on the
net.

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgkjht$ta2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Daniel O'Connell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:OIjXa.9046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > If the pixels aren't damaged, try ArmorAll (car polish). If the pixels

are
> > damaged, the LCD screen would need to be replaced (if it's possible with
> > this particular laptop model). Failing that, buy a new laptop?
> >
> > HTH & GL,
> >
> > Daniel O'Connell
> > Email: dan DOT oconnell AT paradise DOT net DOT nz
> >

> The pixels are ok, the scratch is only on the protective outer sheet but

it
> is reasonably deep. I am guessing Armorall wont work on one this deep.
> Cheers for the idea though.
>
> Rider

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:22:45 +1200, Rider wrote:

> The pixels are ok, the scratch is only on the protective outer sheet but
> it is reasonably deep. I am guessing Armorall wont work on one this deep.
> Cheers for the idea though.

That protective outer sheet is probably polarised...

As for damaging the pixels, if it did that you'd proabbly have a crack on
your hands. LCD construction is polariser-glass-lcd-glass-polariser, with
light and protective coverings outside that.

LCD Scratch TT8 Computer Support 15 01-01-2009 05:01 PM
LCD Scratch or something TT8 Computer Support 10 12-29-2008 03:18 PM
300d how do you keep the screen scratch free? Steven Campbell Digital Photography 24 01-30-2005 11:07 PM
LCD display screen scratch removal see.cher@your.place Computer Support 3 08-02-2004 01:47 AM
Scratch remover for digicam LCD screen? Curly Digital Photography 3 04-13-2004 11:03 PM

Advertisments