Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Hitwise

Hitwise

Andrew

Does anyone know any details about Hitwise - www.hitwise.co.nz - Ive been
told that it doesnt inclue Xtra, Ihug and Clear

Can anyone confirm this?

Mauricio Freitas

news:dbiXa.9009$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know any details about Hitwise - www.hitwise.co.nz - Ive been
> told that it doesnt inclue Xtra, Ihug and Clear
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

A little OT, but they don't even reply e-mails...

--
Mauricio Freitas
mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or

Howard

Andrew wrote:
> Does anyone know any details about Hitwise - www.hitwise.co.nz - Ive
> been told that it doesnt inclue Xtra, Ihug and Clear

I asked their rep during his pitch to me, and while he wouldn't confirm it,
his reply that they"still have a respresentative sample" rather indicates it
true. All in all a rather expensive service for very little insight, so I
didn't buy.

The chap did leave his logon ID & password in plaintext in my cookies though
.

Andrew

Also off topic, but on your topic..
I contacted them a long time ago, my website had only been in the database a
few weeks... so there was not much data... now im kinda interested again,
asked for another demo and they havnt replied... 3 weeks ago now...

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgkeab$hv7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dbiXa.9009$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know any details about Hitwise - www.hitwise.co.nz - Ive

been
> > told that it doesnt inclue Xtra, Ihug and Clear
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this?

> A little OT, but they don't even reply e-mails...
>
> --
> Mauricio Freitas
> mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
> http://www.bluetoothguide.com

Max

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:08:31 +1200, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The chap did leave his logon ID & password in plaintext in my cookies though
>.

Do you know if you have to pay to have your site just monitored with
them. I did sign up through their website for my site to be monitored
and compared against. Also does anyone know what different sites
statistics are. I noticed on pp.co.nz website, that their site is one
of the most visited, but it doesn't say how many people visited it,
and how many others were being monitored.

Mauricio Freitas

"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:08:31 +1200, "Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >The chap did leave his logon ID & password in plaintext in my cookies

though
> >.

> Do you know if you have to pay to have your site just monitored with
> them. I did sign up through their website for my site to be monitored
> and compared against. Also does anyone know what different sites
> statistics are. I noticed on pp.co.nz website, that their site is one
> of the most visited, but it doesn't say how many people visited it,
> and how many others were being monitored.

That's what I wanted for Geekzone. I know I'm serving more than 200,000
pages a month now, but I wanted a better idea of the landscape in this
area - no joy.

Registered on their site, got no e-mail or contact back.

They're probably too busy to take new customers or just don't care about
this anyway.

--
Mauricio Freitas
mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
http://www.bluetoothguide.com

Mauricio Freitas

Update!

Just got a phone call from Hitwise. The office in NZ was closed (as their
site points out), and the Australian folks are working on the backlog of
e-mails and contacts now...

--
Mauricio Freitas
mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
http://www.bluetoothguide.com

news:yGkXa.9052$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also off topic, but on your topic..
> I contacted them a long time ago, my website had only been in the database

> few weeks... so there was not much data... now im kinda interested again,
> asked for another demo and they havnt replied... 3 weeks ago now...
>

> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bgkeab$hv7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:dbiXa.9009$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does anyone know any details about Hitwise - www.hitwise.co.nz - Ive

> been
> > > told that it doesnt inclue Xtra, Ihug and Clear
> > >
> > > Can anyone confirm this?

> > A little OT, but they don't even reply e-mails...
> >
> > --
> > Mauricio Freitas
> > mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
> > http://www.bluetoothguide.com

Andrew

didnt notice the NZ site was closed.. did they give a reason for it?

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgn437$2fba$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Update!
>
> Just got a phone call from Hitwise. The office in NZ was closed (as their
> site points out), and the Australian folks are working on the backlog of
> e-mails and contacts now...
>
> --
> Mauricio Freitas
> mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
> http://www.bluetoothguide.com
>

> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yGkXa.9052$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Also off topic, but on your topic..
> > I contacted them a long time ago, my website had only been in the

database
> > few weeks... so there was not much data... now im kinda interested

again,
> > asked for another demo and they havnt replied... 3 weeks ago now...
> >

> > "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bgkeab$hv7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:dbiXa.9009$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > been

> > > A little OT, but they don't even reply e-mails...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mauricio Freitas
> > > mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
> > > http://www.bluetoothguide.com

Mauricio Freitas

news:ebGXa.9260$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bgn437$2fba$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Update!
> >
> > Just got a phone call from Hitwise. The office in NZ was closed (as

their
> > site points out), and the Australian folks are working on the backlog of
> > e-mails and contacts now...
> >

> didnt notice the NZ site was closed.. did they give a reason for it?

The site is up, but the NZ office closed a couple of months ago, and
everything is from Australia now...

--
Mauricio Freitas
Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or
http://www.bluetoothguide.com

Max

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:43:47 +1200, "Mauricio Freitas"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:ebGXa.9260$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bgn437$2fba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Update!
>> >
>> > Just got a phone call from Hitwise. The office in NZ was closed (as

>their
>> > site points out), and the Australian folks are working on the backlog of
>> > e-mails and contacts now...
>> >

>> didnt notice the NZ site was closed.. did they give a reason for it?

>The site is up, but the NZ office closed a couple of months ago, and
>everything is from Australia now...

Makes it kind of worthless then, if people can't meet up with their
representatives.