Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Compaq Proliant 3000 Hot Swap PSU

Compaq Proliant 3000 Hot Swap PSU

DaveG

I'm looking for an NZ source for one of these psu's (Compaq part number
169286-0020). I know I can import one, but a local source would be easier.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Justin C. Le Grice

You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.

I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.

I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which is
worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!

The maths doesn't work for me.

The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many more
machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight etc.

Good luck!!!

Regards

Justin

"DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
> > Compaq/HP NZ perhaps ?
> >
> > "DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>I'm looking for an NZ source for one of these psu's (Compaq part number
> >>169286-0020). I know I can import one, but a local source would be

easier.

> >>Any pointers appreciated.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Dave
> >>

> That'd be the obvious one I was thinking more of brokers or sources
> of used components.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

DaveG

Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
> You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.
>
> I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.
>
> I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which is
> worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!
>
> The maths doesn't work for me.
>
> The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many more
> machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight etc.
>
> Good luck!!!
>
> Regards
>
> Justin
>
> "DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
>>
>>>Compaq/HP NZ perhaps ?
>>>
>>>"DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> easier.

>>That'd be the obvious one I was thinking more of brokers or sources
>>of used components.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Dave

I've already located several US sources for the psu.

The nice thing about usenet is that by posting a query one may happen
upon someone who may have a ready answer. In this case it's not
inconceivable that someone may have solved a similar problem recently or
even have a psu sitting on a shelf.

Cheers,

Dave

DaveG

colinco wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, DaveG wrote...
>
>>I'm looking for an NZ source for one of these psu's (Compaq part number
>>169286-0020). I know I can import one, but a local source would be easier.
>>

> Alan repairs some PSUs and collects spares
> Alan Liefting
>
> Contact information:
>
> EcoTech Services
> 78 Flockton Street.
> St Albans
> Christchurch
>
> Telephone: (03)385-3830
> Facsimile: (03)385-3830
> Email: aliefting_inserttheusual_ihug.co.nz

OK, thanks for the pointer.

Dave

pete

"DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
> > You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.
> >
> > I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.
> >
> > I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which

is
> > worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!
> >
> > The maths doesn't work for me.
> >
> > The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many

more
> > machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight

etc.

> > Good luck!!!
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Justin
> >
> > "DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

number

> > easier.

> >>That'd be the obvious one I was thinking more of brokers or sources
> >>of used components.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Dave
> >>

> I've already located several US sources for the psu.
>
> The nice thing about usenet is that by posting a query one may happen
> upon someone who may have a ready answer. In this case it's not
> inconceivable that someone may have solved a similar problem recently or
> even have a psu sitting on a shelf.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

RCN and associates (in Auckland phone book) have a bit of used Compaq
gear. Pretty sure they sell stuff via Trade-Me,also