Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > [POLL] Which search engine do you use the most?

[POLL] Which search engine do you use the most?

Greg Townsend

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:31:35 +1200, Helpful Harry
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
>information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
>obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
>which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
>that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.
>
>Thanks. )
>

>Which search engine do you use the most?
>
>* Google
>
>* Yahoo
>
>* MSN (also XtraMSN, etc.)
>
>* Ask Jeeves
>
>* Search NZ / NZ Search
>
>* Alta Vista
>
>* LookSmart
>
>* Other (please state)
>
>* More than one (please state)
>

>Helpful Harry
>"Just trying to help whenever I can." )

All use Coppernic

Matthew Poole

In article <z6DWa.8719$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dodger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>And... Google
>
>"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:lZCWa.102982$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Google
>>
>> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:jVCWa.8716$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Google.

*SNIP*

Me four. And would people PLEASE LEARN HOW TO ****ING SNIP!

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Helpful Harry

I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.

Thanks. )

Which search engine do you use the most?

* Google

* Yahoo

* MSN (also XtraMSN, etc.)

* Ask Jeeves

* Search NZ / NZ Search

* Alta Vista

* LookSmart

* Other (please state)

* More than one (please state)

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can." )

Alan

Google.

"Helpful Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:020820031131353144%(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
> information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
> obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
> which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
> that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.
>
> Thanks. )
>

> Which search engine do you use the most?
>
> Google
>
> Yahoo
>
> MSN (also XtraMSN, etc.)
>
> Ask Jeeves
>
> Search NZ / NZ Search
>
> Alta Vista
>
> LookSmart
>
> Other (please state)
>
> More than one (please state)
>

> Helpful Harry
> "Just trying to help whenever I can." )

Dodger

And... Google

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lZCWa.102982$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Google
>
> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jVCWa.8716$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Google.
> >
> > "Helpful Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:020820031131353144%(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> > >
> > > I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
> > > information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
> > > obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
> > > which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
> > > that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.
> > >
> > > Thanks. )
> > >

> > > Which search engine do you use the most?
> > >
> > > Google
> > >
> > > Yahoo
> > >
> > > MSN (also XtraMSN, etc.)
> > >
> > > Ask Jeeves
> > >
> > > Search NZ / NZ Search
> > >
> > > Alta Vista
> > >
> > > LookSmart
> > >
> > > Other (please state)
> > >
> > > More than one (please state)
> > >

> > > Helpful Harry
> > > "Just trying to help whenever I can." )

Hoss

GOOGLE

"Helpful Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:020820031131353144%(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
> information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
> obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
> which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
> that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.
>
> Thanks. )
>

> Which search engine do you use the most?
>
> Google
>
> Yahoo
>
> MSN (also XtraMSN, etc.)
>
> Ask Jeeves
>
> Search NZ / NZ Search
>
> Alta Vista
>
> LookSmart
>
> Other (please state)
>
> More than one (please state)
>

> Helpful Harry
> "Just trying to help whenever I can." )

John Fulton

Helpful Harry wrote:
> I'm just wondering what search engines people use when trying to find
> information on the Internet. Many of the bigger sites charge rather
> obscene amounts of money to add a website and I'd like to find out
> which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
> that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.
>
> Thanks. )
>

> Which search engine do you use the most?
>
> Google

Helpful Harry

In article <UBDWa.103012$(E-Mail Removed)>, "tim"
<tim[nospam]@tjv.info> wrote:

> adding a website is free and you can find pages on search engine
> statistics...
>
> cu
>
> tim

Unfortunately adding a website to some of the bigger search engines is
not free, it's quite expensive (eg. $400 per year for XtraMSN, about
$700 per year for Yahoo). The most popular choice so far, Google, is
one of the few that are free to submit websites to.

Also unfortunately, all the search engine statistics that I could find
were highly skewed by US data and not specific to New Zealand web
users.

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can." )

colinco

In article <020820031131353144%(E-Mail Removed) >, Helpful
Harry wrote...
> I'd like to find out
> which ones are the most popular and might be worth paying for websites
> that's aimed at a New Zealand audience.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

~misfit~

Google.