Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: windows meda --> quicktime or mpg or avi

Re: windows meda --> quicktime or mpg or avi

madknoxie

In article <Rk%Va.97876$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Daniel Farley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> a friend of mine needs to converet a windows meda file into eather quicktime
> or mpg or avi.
>
> Any sudgestions?

Does he run WinXP? Try importing it into Movie Maker or whatever that
application that comes standard with XP is called, and then save/export
it as an mpg.

Hope that helps

--
madknoxie

Daniel Farley

good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda format
, just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

"madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Rk%Va.97876$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Daniel Farley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > a friend of mine needs to converet a windows meda file into eather

quicktime
> > or mpg or avi.
> >
> > Any sudgestions?

> Does he run WinXP? Try importing it into Movie Maker or whatever that
> application that comes standard with XP is called, and then save/export
> it as an mpg.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> --
> madknoxie

madknoxie

In article <9x6Wa.98313$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Daniel Farley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda format
> , just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

No kidding? It used to be there, I swear (but then I haven't used XP for
ages).

Oh well, better get yourself a Mac

--
madknoxie

Master Tech

Daniel Farley wrote:
> good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda
> format , just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

I think you've missed a step in Movie Maker.

Save as DV-AVI PAL, and it'll save the file as an AVI at 720x576 at 25 fps.